Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: FC Rear Reflectors
Posted by: gwydionjhr ()
Date: July 28, 2011 09:24PM

I've got a half finished work in progress project

LED Taillight

Rear-Reflector Housing

Regards,
Joel Rushworth
1961 Rampside w/Deluxe Scamper Camper
1966 Corsized Cdn Monza Coupe
1967 UV #292
"Kick the Hell out of the Status Quo" - Ed Cole

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: July 29, 2011 08:36AM

Lon,
I believe that may be a State to State regulation on reflectors. I know in New York they mandated a specific amount of reflector material on all motorcycle helmets. Then there are emergency vehicles, even tho they get to do things the rest of us can not.
As long as it is Red, I don't think it should be a problem. Adds to the safety fact that FC's have dinky tail lights anyway! Just my 2 cents.

Corventure Dave

Date: July 29, 2011 11:58AM

and you may be right about the legality of reflectors. They are illegal in Oregon and some other states. The federal idea might have something to do with newly manufactured vehicles, rather than aftermarket. Honestly I don't know. In our case discretion was the better part of valor.

Lon
www.corvairunderground.com

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: July 29, 2011 12:06PM

Lon,
I completly agree with you. Now if we can get rid of those "blinding" HID headlights!!! OOp's... may have started another debate!

Corventure Dave

Posted by: Brizo ()
Date: July 29, 2011 08:10PM

Thats correct about the lenses and reflectors not matching when new, but part of the color miss-match today is that the FC tail lenses have darkened with time. The car lenses too, often appearing almost black. NOS lenses, bright and transparent when installed, have been seen to darken within a year or so in the sun. Hesitant to spend the bucks for the repo reflectors, I applied FLAPS red reflective tap the the area on my Greenbrier back doors, then stripped the old red coating (not easy)from my old reflectors(NOS 25 years ago) wet sanded and polished the clear lens and installed over the red tape. Looks great! and I've been asked twice now if they were the repos!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.