Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
American Flat 6

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
1963 Corvair Monza 900 TRADE or 4 Sale
Posted by: OldSkool63 ()
Date: July 19, 2011 04:32AM

1963 Corvair Monza 900 TRADE or 4 Sale Price: $3000
Just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone would like to trade for my 1963 Corvair Monza 900! The Vair isn't perfect but looks great (great patina), rare and is original! Has 110hp motor, 4 speed, bucket seats, new clutch and throw out bearing, new ignition parts as well, runs and drives just needs the Rochester carbs rebuilt and fine tuning and the road is yours! Also could use a new dash pad! Just dont have the time to pull them and do it.

Interested in a Good running daily driver! Or a Light weight camper in good shape! Or a running bike or freeway legal scootor! Just let me know!

Price is now $3000 obo or looking to trade! Cell 661-754-0406

For more info just shoot me an e-mail @ wrona222002@yahoo.com or give me a call! Thanks Jason

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1963 Corvair Monza 900 TRADE or 4 Sale
Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: July 19, 2011 05:25AM

Location?

Frank DuVal

Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:42AM

I believe that car is in the antelope valley lancaster/rosamond area where I live,,It was at the local cross roads across from McDonalds for sale a while back and the area code is mine,,probly a rust free ca car and its a driver because I passed it going down the freeway.

Date: July 19, 2011 06:50PM

Location would help sell it ???confused smiley

Posted by: bought1 ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:56PM

Google search of the area code and prefix indicates California City, CA. BUT, its a cell...could be anywhere.

Dave

Date: July 19, 2011 07:07PM

Ca city is about 18 miles away from me,,I am certain its the same car.

Posted by: bought1 ()
Date: July 19, 2011 07:45PM

Then maybe it will makes its way into your fleet Dave? grinning smiley

Dave

Date: July 20, 2011 02:36AM

Sorry everyone I bought the car in Rosamond Ca! I used to live in rosamond but now live in Stallion Springs, Tehachapi Ca! The vair has been for sale on the base but as of today its going back to mine untill something happens!

Date: July 20, 2011 02:56AM

Hey oldskool! keep the car and fix it up! C-Alan is in bear valley and I am in rosamond,,there are a bunch of us High Desert Corvair guys! join the club!thumbs up

Email me at: Dave Motohead
Visit My web site(Under Construction)
Sign my guest book!
[motoheadmall.com]
-----------------------------------
I AM THE GRIM REAPER FOR OLD CARS!
-----------------------------------
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Date: August 21, 2011 01:35AM

The 63 Monza is now $2500 obo! Needs the carbs rebuilt or new ones and will be a great driver! Thanks Jason

Posted by: lgoodwin ()
Date: August 21, 2011 07:25AM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but for that price, I would expect the carbs to already be rebuilt and a decent paint job and interior. Even then, it's a bit high for my area--Spyder coupes were selling for that until recently, now the bottom has all but dropped out. Corvairs are wonderfully inexpensive classics. Only certain rarer/more sought after combos sell for more than a few thou. Maybe if you drive it back east you would get some love for that price.

1962 Corvair 900 sedan1967 Corvair Monza 140/4-speed1968 Corvair 500 coupe1983 Mexican Mustang 5.0
1962 900 sedan needs a home1967 Monza 140/4-spd1968 500 coupe (now my son's)1983 Mexican Mustang 5.0

Posted by: dryenko ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:41AM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but for that price, I would expect the carbs to already be rebuilt and a decent paint job and interior. Even then, it's a bit high for my area--Spyder coupes were selling for that until recently, now the bottom has all but dropped out. Corvairs are wonderfully inexpensive classics. Only certain rarer/more sought after combos sell for more than a few thou. Maybe if you drive it back east you would get some love for that price.

Don't take this the wrong way either, but with these lack of worth comments Corvair vehicles will never increase in value as long as some owners think they are not worth much...
Just sayin'
BC

Bob C
Dobson, NC
Zip 27017
1965 Maroon Monza "110" 4 speed Autocrosser
1965 Corsa Conv Street/ Track/ Show car with semi-cage
1966 Corvair Crown 327 V8 4 speed w/ AC [under active restoration]
YS 172 SCCA GT3 semi tube frame road racer
El Lobo tube frame all Corvair Street Buggy [ resting comfortably, needs engine ]
Manx lookalike Buggy , EM Corvair rear suspension/ VW bug front suspension -RUNS !!
Daily drivers : E250 Ford window van w/ built 460, 2005 VW GTI 1.8T
And a few other toys

Posted by: lgoodwin ()
Date: August 23, 2011 12:59AM

dryenko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't take this the wrong way either, but with
> these lack of worth comments Corvair vehicles
> will never increase in value as long as some
> owners think they are not worth much...
> Just sayin'
> BC
That's cool. Just to be clear, "lack of worth" is your term. Just because they generally sell for less than other American classics from the same period does NOT mean they lack worth. I don't want Corvairs to increase in price. I'm not into Corvairs as a financial investment, and one of the things I really appreciate about them is that many of them can be had for low prices. There are already plenty of other expensive classic cars available for those who want to spend more. IMO, one of the reasons so many Corvairs are still around is that they have remained the most affordable of any '60s classic (and parts are plentiful). :-)

1962 Corvair 900 sedan1967 Corvair Monza 140/4-speed1968 Corvair 500 coupe1983 Mexican Mustang 5.0
1962 900 sedan needs a home1967 Monza 140/4-spd1968 500 coupe (now my son's)1983 Mexican Mustang 5.0

Date: August 23, 2011 08:26PM

Thats all good but to me its worth the money!Im already asking less than what ive put into it! You are going to tell me that there are original, untouched, running, driving, and a cali car for less than what im asking! Ha makes me laugh! Ya mine needs work, but with little money this thing can be driving anyone down the road with no problems! Ive seen ones on here and other sites that are complete junk and rusting out for more than im asking! But thats just me and everyone has there own opinion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 08:31PM by OldSkool63.

Posted by: C. Alan ()
Date: August 23, 2011 10:27PM

OldSkool63,
Is that the 'Vair that was in the lemmon lot at Edwards AFB a few months back?
--C. Alan

Tehachapi, California
Currently living life without a Corvair sad smiley
"There are two things the public should never see being made: Laws and Sausage."
Otto Von Bismark

Date: August 24, 2011 01:30AM

Yes Sir! One of there rules! Can only have the vehicle on the lot for two months then off a month! Took it home and it hasnt left the garage but for a few trips around stallion!

Funny thing was just looking at the pics of your 61 wagon, I talked to you at Thunder On The Mountain this past weekend in Tehachapi! I was the guy that asked about the oil pressure thing you had done to the top of oil filter!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 01:37AM by OldSkool63.

Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: August 24, 2011 02:27AM

Probably dont need to "rebuild" the carbs, most likely just some dirt in the main jet or the air bleeds in the cluster. Simple and cheap fix! smiling smiley

Marco Padilla - Realtor BRE#01944189

Century 21 Crest
1501 West Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91506
213-272-3239 Cell

Date: August 26, 2011 08:39PM

After I had bought this car the 140 that was in it lost a valve seat witch then destroyed the head! Was to much for me to get into at the time! So I found someone to trade for a 110! My engine was running great and so was the 110! I actualy got jacked when i bought this engine though! I went down and had seen the engine running and everything! But after the engine was pulled out of the car they had taken the carbs off as well! I told them since mine was running great and the carbs were in good shape I would leave them with the motor so I asked them to do the same! Full well knowing the loss I was taking on this engine! Well the kid went back to his garage and brought out two carbs, I thought awsome this engine going to be cool and great running so i can get the vair back on the road! Well months went by as i put the engine in with new clutch, disk, bearing and more! So at last got the carbs on! Never have done anything like this before as in sinking them and tuning! Well the left carb while running will about suck your hand trough it and tunes just fine as were the right will not take any air through it untill you rev it up! And will not tune for S*#t! So as far as I can tell and from what people have told me is that I have one primary and one secondary carbs! This is why I have no vacuum hooked up to either carbs, no vacuum advanced hooked up either! The car runs great at start up and can drive it around the block but as soon as the engine warms up it starts dying, I'm guessing because lack of fuel to the right side!
So this is what is wrong with the carbs and I dont know if rebuilding will help or just get new ones!!!
Thanks Jason!!!

Posted by: dryenko ()
Date: August 26, 2011 08:48PM

You should have taken YOUR two 140 primary carbs with you, not some junk from the back of the so called garage.
You will need at least one more primary to get your "new" 110 engine runnig properly
Tell us who this D**khead is that jacked you so we can avoid him in the future.
BC

Bob C
Dobson, NC
Zip 27017
1965 Maroon Monza "110" 4 speed Autocrosser
1965 Corsa Conv Street/ Track/ Show car with semi-cage
1966 Corvair Crown 327 V8 4 speed w/ AC [under active restoration]
YS 172 SCCA GT3 semi tube frame road racer
El Lobo tube frame all Corvair Street Buggy [ resting comfortably, needs engine ]
Manx lookalike Buggy , EM Corvair rear suspension/ VW bug front suspension -RUNS !!
Daily drivers : E250 Ford window van w/ built 460, 2005 VW GTI 1.8T
And a few other toys

Date: August 26, 2011 08:57PM

Hey Jason,,I live in rosamond and have tons of stuff,,let me know if I can help? and who were you dealing with that jacked you around?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.