Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
tissue dispenser
Posted by: eddieb ()
Date: June 28, 2011 03:32PM

In the trunk of my 64 conv I found a Clarks repro dispenser but cannot figure out how it mounts. Instructions are pretty simple but I think I'm missing the bracket that bolts to the dash.There is the riveted bracket on the dispenser. Shop manual shows a bracket but not clear enough. Box was open when I got the car. Any suggestions?
EddieB Dade City Fl
60 coupe and sedan
62 Corvan
64 conv

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tissue dispenser
Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: June 28, 2011 03:34PM

Should be a like a hinge that bolts under the glove box.....
I'm sure you can call Clarks and give them the part number and ask if they can fax the instructions.

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Posted by: vairchet ()
Date: June 28, 2011 04:22PM

1964 tissue dispenser installation instructions:

Attachments:
Posted by: eddieb ()
Date: June 28, 2011 05:05PM

Thanks to those who responded but I'm still missing the bracket that the bracket on the dispenser attaches to. It would be impossible to drill two holes,attach the sheet metal screws to the dash since the only bracket I have is riveted to the dispenser.EddieB

Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: June 29, 2011 12:56PM

Hmmm.... shouldn't be too difficult to make, I dont think....

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Posted by: Mojan_n ()
Date: July 04, 2019 12:53PM

I cannot see the installation instruction, can someone reattach it please?

Posted by: Mojan_n ()
Date: July 04, 2019 01:01PM

Never mind.. got it

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: July 09, 2019 01:00PM

eddieb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks to those who responded but I'm still missing the bracket that the bracket on the dispenser attaches to. It would be impossible to drill two holes,attach the sheet metal screws to the dash since the only bracket I have is riveted to the dispenser.EddieB

It would appear from your description that you are missing the top half of the bracket. This part isn't available separately, and extremely difficult to find a used one. Many times, the tissue dispenser was removed from the car by removing the long screw and nut, leaving the upper half in the car, thinking that it was part of the dash. When I would buy these at swap meets, I always checked to see if the "hardware" was still inside the box, because without that hardware, it was difficult to sell the tissue dispenser. I have even bought rusted tissue dispensers just to get the hardware, and then sent it out to have it re-chromed, just to sell a NOS unit. As these cars get older, both NOS and rusted used ones are getting rarer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.