Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Project Protouring Corvair mid-engine V8 with legroom for a fullsized adult.
Posted by: xb9rumble ()
Date: July 20, 2013 02:32PM

1 5/8" .083 wall. I also strongly agree with Canyon Man.

65' Monza 6.0/TH425/C4 front suspension/solid 8.8 rear. Mid engine project.
91' Syclone 6.0/4l80E/pt88 still AWD
92' Typhoon 5.3/4L80E/tc76 still AWD

Livermore, CA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Project Protouring Corvair mid-engine V8 with legroom for a fullsized adult.
Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:21AM

Is there a new thread with an update on this project?

Posted by: Mel ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:29AM

There's probably a thread titled parts for salesad smiley

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2014 08:39AM by Mel.

Posted by: bought1 ()
Date: November 02, 2014 01:26PM

as long as they aren't crushed first! grinning smiley

Dave

Posted by: 66cv8 ()
Date: November 02, 2014 05:24PM

Now now guys these project take time. Let's not forget life happens.

Joe

66 500 Crown 350/4 on road
66 Corsa Convertible 140/4 rough
69 Monza Convertible 140/4 in progress (original 95/3)
Nu Joisey

" A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE IS A DANGEROUS THING"

"STUPID is the NEW SMART"

Posted by: rowin4 ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:33PM

What's a LQ4?

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:53PM

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: afterdarkgames ()
Date: November 03, 2014 07:26AM

rowin4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's a LQ4?

Lower compression version of the 6.0 LQ9 iron block truck motor that was found in the "premium" trucks from 2000 to about 2007 where it was replaced by the 6.2 L92 full aluminum motor. Lots of power from the factory and takes well to upgrades.

I have stock one in my jeep and it is so much fun.

Posted by: Allan Lacki ()
Date: December 20, 2014 08:03AM

Although we haven't heard from xb9rumble in a while, I like his concept. It's quite similar to what Rover of England did with its 1967 prototype V8 P6BS sports car. Here are some graphics to show how Rover built a mid-engine car with reasonable interior room. The engine is turned around 180 degrees so that the transmission is in front. The driveshaft runs alongside the engine. Unfortunately, it was just an experiment and never went into production.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2014 08:05AM by Allan Lacki.

Attachments:

Date: April 24, 2015 05:02AM

Any progress?confused smiley

Posted by: Corvairnaporsche ()
Date: September 08, 2015 02:26PM

Count me in here also!!
Rumble time for an update!!!
I am interested in this conversion as I gave away my 65 a year ago to a Vair guy. I have a C4 sitting in the yard. Rare body style I think. Corvette forum says it's not. SO I am confused. I could have done this same thing patterned AFTER what U R doing!! I kind of like what you are doing!!! Your prices are to my liking too. I paid $600.00 for my Vette. Wife's one owner 86 Caddy is sitting here also rotting. Dead. I have a 2002 350 truck engine in stock. I have a couple of BOP engine to tranny adapters in house. So I AM interested in what you are doing. I have also a Crown set up. But feel it is too long. I like to sit back from the dash! And my tummy says to me I had better recline a little also. So I feel that the Crown may get traded off???????? I will not b able to do the turbo bit like you.

If you do instal the Chromoly cage. TIg weld it as you already have said! BUT please stress relieve it immediately after doing the welds. I failed to do that on my first cage. I will not mention names here but the IMSA driver got T boned at Daytona and almost broke his arm!!!! I was very upset and he was mad as hell at me! The same sized tubing as you spec'd out broke and slammed into his Right arm. So be more smart than me on the first go around!
Joe in Mo

Posted by: notacorvair ()
Date: September 17, 2015 08:22AM

Question about your adapter plate. Did you have to modify it? I cant find an adapter to a B.O.P. transmission for an LS engine. Any info you can share on this would be greatly appreciated, like a prt number if you still have it. Thanks

Posted by: gnvair ()
Date: September 17, 2015 08:35AM

Guys he hasn't been on here since July of 2014. You might be waiting awhile for a response.

Lee J

Date: September 17, 2015 09:24AM

Likely all the parts for the project are sold or for sale on Kijiji sad smiley

Date: September 17, 2015 10:18AM

here's mine, ill be on the national next year with it..

Posted by: didget69 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 01:00PM

...that razor blade looks dangerous.

bnc

Date: September 17, 2015 06:03PM

I like the colourthumbs up

Posted by: snapon13 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 06:21PM

Get 'er done Jonathan, looking very good, we need to see it on the race track.
Dave

1963 Monza, gone but still my first!
1966 Crown V8-LT1, since 1970
Ithaca NY = Long winters in the garage.
"It will have enough power when the rear wheels are still spinning
on the entry to the next corner at the end of the straight" as told by Mark Donahue.

My YouTube videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My 2010 rebuild photos here; [s683.photobucket.com]

Photobucket
------------1966 Crown V8------------2013 CORSA Convention Tweety's---"Ralph Who" can ride!!---at VIR Corvair Olympics 2013-

Posted by: gapo3 ()
Date: October 06, 2015 04:56PM

Hi, I am trying to do a similar thing with the the th425 transmission in a mid-engine McLaren replica. What output shaft did you use? I understand a th400 output shaft will go in but it looks like it would not work with the governor on the th425. Can you help me?

Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.