home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
My "New" '65 Sedan
Posted by: VairKing ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:18PM

Just recently made the trip to Detroit to buy this car, there was a small thread about it, There were some other people interested in it, but when the cash came to shove, it got hooked to my truck and came home smiling smiley

So, its a '65 Monza sedan, I am guessing 120,000 miles. 110/PG It was only running on 4 cylinders when I bought it. New plugs, wires, points, dis. cap, and a complete carb rebuild and it runs like new. Brakes were described as working, which they did, but upon installation of a new dual master cylinder, the rear brake lines exploded, so 100% new lines and brakes were installed. Paint was pretty scratched from top to bottom, but after wheeling it out with compound and applying wax it came back to life. Dog legs have some rust as well as the wheel openings, a little worse than I was hoping for, but is still a very solid car.

Plans are to make it into a cruiser, with some modern Malibu Maxx seats I bought and will give it the S10 wheel treatment and lower it a bit. Not too crazy about the color (one black corvair is enough) but it will do for now.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My "New" '65 Sedan
Date: September 06, 2010 06:20PM

Attachments:

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:21PM

Lookin good!! now for a ???? in the back? LOL!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: September 06, 2010 06:22PM

Attachments:
Posted by: mrtrimmier ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:44PM

Get you some factory wire hubcaps and roll it!!! Buffed out pretty nice there smiling smiley

Regards,
Mike T
Lady's Island S.C.

Black '65 CORSA "parts" car ("RatVair") '65 CORSA Weber/180 ("Whitey") '60 500 Sedan ("Smurf Surf Sedan")

Posted by: Wabbitkiller ()
Date: September 06, 2010 07:42PM

Looks pretty nice to me!

Chris

1965 Monza 95 Convertible 4 speed

Olathe, KS (Kansas City)

Posted by: Setterz54 ()
Date: September 07, 2010 07:23PM

Where did you find heated seats for your corvair?

Setterz54
Fulton,MD.

Posted by: art in va ()
Date: September 07, 2010 08:34PM

Opening post, "Malibu Maxx seats"

Art in VA
67 Sedan

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: September 07, 2010 08:44PM

Looks familiar!

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
60 Monza coupe (sold, sniff sniff)
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Attachments:
MTV's "Pimp My Ride" Takes On My '65 Sport Sedan!
Date: August 18, 2011 06:35PM

Or is it Chip Foose and the gang at OverHaulin?

No, none of those is actually happening, but it sort of seems like it. I am completely overhaulin the exterior of my '65 sedan in just over a week.

I was tired of the amateur paint job the car came with after I did the interior and wheels etc.

This car is too rusty, and IMO not worth taking the time/labor/$$$$ it would take to repair the cosmetic rust issues with steel, so I am sandblasting all the rust, coating it with POR15 and then covering it with fiberglass.

If this keeps the rust back for 5-10 years I will be quite happy, as I continue to find a rust free shell to "rebody it"

I wont discuss the new color yet, but its badass and non stock.

So a week from Saturday is the All Chevy Show at Berger Chevy where I plan to unveil her.

I work 50+ hours at a regular job so its just evenings and weekends. If all keeps going as planned I should have it in the paint booth and sprayed Sunday, then reassembly next week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2011 06:42PM by VairKing.

Attachments:

Re: MTV's "Pimp My Ride" Takes On My '65 Sport Sedan!
Date: August 18, 2011 06:37PM

Day 1, took 3 hours to disassemble the car enough for what I am doing. Interior is out so all inside sheetmetal can be painted body color.

All dents have been circled with paint pen

Attachments:

Date: August 18, 2011 06:38PM

Attachments:

Date: August 18, 2011 06:40PM

After a couple nights work the new wheel well lips are starting to shape up, I modified them heavliy with a sledge hammer to help with clearance issues when I cut 2 coils out of the springs. Lots of sanding to do, I hate this part.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gregory_Miller ()
Date: August 18, 2011 09:40PM

Awesome. 1 week, 1 car. Can he do it???

Greg Miller
Eugene, Oregon

Posted by: Chilly Willy ()
Date: August 18, 2011 10:52PM

Sorry, I can't comment on the bodywork. I'm too busy admiring that shop...thumbs up

Posted by: Chris Lampe ()
Date: August 18, 2011 11:20PM

Hey Willy,

That's no shop Ryan's got there, that's the ultimate man cave he has there. He's got a Keg Fridge, microwave, internet, restroom facilities, did I mention the Keg Fridge, a lift, a paint booth, if you can think of it, it's probably in there.

And no I'm not jealous, not in the least...........NOT!!

Hey Ryan,

How bout adopting me and my Vair.

Chris
Rowlett, Tx
NTCA - North Texas Corvair Association
CORSA
'64 Monza 'vert

Posted by: gwydionjhr ()
Date: August 19, 2011 08:35AM

You forgot the KEG FRIDGE!

Regards,
Joel Rushworth
1961 Rampside w/Deluxe Scamper Camper
1966 Corsized Cdn Monza Coupe
1967 UV #292
"Kick the Hell out of the Status Quo" - Ed Cole

Date: August 19, 2011 01:34PM

I admit, its hard to get any work done with that damn keg fridge, and if anybody comes over to help, well forget about any work getting done lol

Attachments:
Posted by: Chilly Willy ()
Date: August 19, 2011 02:42PM

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: August 20, 2011 03:44AM

Its getting closer...Ive got a little more sanding to do today then I can move it to the paint booth and lay down etching primer, followed by 2k filler primer on some of the spots that need a little more help. Then hopefully tomorrow will block sand primer and spray color!

I have this for sale, its a rear fender bottom replacement, made from fiberglass and bondo. Clarks gets $83 for this piece made from steel, I will let this one go for $3.99 eye rolling smiley

Attachments:

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.