home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
PROJECT: New Interior / COST: $25
Posted by: patpaldino ()
Date: June 27, 2010 10:08AM

Well I have been giving lots of attention to my vair lately! I decided the interior would get some next...so needed the following:

1. New carpet
2. New back seat
3. New door panels
4. New top boot
5. New dash cover / glovebox

Weekend project, pics below...

2 cans of flex paint, 1 can semigloss for doors and dash. All painted INSIDE the vehicle...removed nothing! smiling smiley Stuff was great for fade spots on my carpet too! I even did the gas/brake pedals with it. Colorcoat was about $10/can and $5 for the semigloss black. This stuff works great!!!

'65 vert ~ Worcester, MA

SOLD!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PROJECT: New Interior / COST: $25
Posted by: 65 Crown Corsa ()
Date: June 27, 2010 10:12AM

Looks great!
I generally have no luck with paints, can you check back in 6 and 12 months from now?

Ed
65 Crown/Wills Corsa
WPB Florida

Date: June 27, 2010 10:15AM

I sure will! I was amazed at how this stuff went on the vinyl...still kept it pliable - could not even tell it was painted...I expected it to feel a little brittle...

It is supposed to be fade resistant too...so if I get a year or two before having to do it again...well worth it! Also, my car is pretty much only driven top-down, sun-up, so this will be a good test! smiling smiley

'65 vert ~ Worcester, MA

SOLD!

Posted by: VairKing ()
Date: June 27, 2010 10:16AM

I use the Krylon "plastic fusion" paint on my white seats and stuff in the vert, it works great...and with the problems with trying to keep white seats clean, I just respray them every summer...

Date: June 27, 2010 10:22AM

I like SEM stuff b/c it is widely used in the auto industry...though I have heard good things about Krylon too...wonder if you can use that on carpets as well? I mean my carpet had some green spots from sun-fade and were gone with the first coat of this tuff...nice and black again!

'65 vert ~ Worcester, MA

SOLD!

Posted by: richard1 ()
Date: June 27, 2010 10:42AM

I used something like that in 66 for my Sprite seats. Only problem was with scratches. People getting in with keys, or stepping over the door and scratching the seats with their shoes.

Restoration in Bolivia
Richard's Mini Pickup
Richard's Corvair
Richard's Renault Dauphine

Selection of the Right Motor Oil for the Corvair
Selection of the right transmission oil for the corvair
How to polish and restore stainless and aluminum trim

Posted by: bought1 ()
Date: June 27, 2010 10:48AM

Looking good! The car is really coming along!

Dave

Date: June 27, 2010 10:49AM

That makes sense...I didn't have to do the front seats b/c they were newly done from Clarks and almost never have anyone in the back so not too worried there either...PLUS everything was black to begin with so I expect the results to be optimal b/c that was the case...SEM also has a multitude of colors that can be shot out of the gun too...so who knows what kind of trouble I could get into over the winter... smiling smiley

'65 vert ~ Worcester, MA

SOLD!

Posted by: VairKing ()
Date: June 27, 2010 11:24AM

My front seats were blue origionally...Krylon plastic fusion turned em white pretty decently for almost no cost...

Posted by: Rafman ()
Date: June 27, 2010 11:47AM

LOOKS AWESOME!!thumbs up just got done detailing the engine compartment in my Rampy....amazing what a can of spray paint can do....in the right hands, LOL.....

Attachments:
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: June 27, 2010 12:07PM

Pat - thumbs up

Le Raffman - thumbs up. Only you would take a picture from that angle. Do you have a picture of you taking that picture? Another thumbs up

Bob Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 12:09PM by Bob.

Date: June 27, 2010 01:12PM

Right on Raf! Thx, Bob! And was wondering how it would be to try and get this stuff to go lighter...thanks, Ryan. I take it is holding up well? How long ago did you do it?

'65 vert ~ Worcester, MA

SOLD!

Posted by: aeroned ()
Date: June 27, 2010 09:21PM

Bob,

It wasn't difficult for Rafman to get that angle in a Rampside!

I've heard good things about that and other "flexible" paints. I've seen the results years after initial and only application and they still look good.

Ned

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.