Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 20 of 23
Re: Worlds OLDEST CORVAIR found and purchased eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smileysmiling bouncing smiley
Posted by: Mel ()
Date: March 08, 2013 03:49PM

I have noticed that the very very very early Caveman Corvairs had the trunk locks mounted upside downeye popping smiley The caveman used for a Road & Track article had this unusual feature. To mount the lock upside down would require a different hole punching and contour change of the front panel.smiling smiley

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Worlds OLDEST CORVAIR found and purchased eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smileysmiling bouncing smiley
Posted by: bought1 ()
Date: March 08, 2013 04:24PM

Is that how yours is?

Dave

Posted by: richard1 ()
Date: March 08, 2013 04:38PM

Date: March 08, 2013 04:45PM

Mel,
On the previous page about the air filter elements your post with pics shows this Horn Slot car with teardrop lock & cover.

Maybe the other cave cars were actually from Australia? grinning smiley

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: eddieb ()
Date: March 08, 2013 05:10PM

My early Canadian 60 has the fat part on the bottom.EddieB Dade City,Fl

Date: March 08, 2013 05:45PM

All my cavecars (5) have the fat portion at bottom.

Date: May 12, 2013 04:52AM

I,m hoping to get this OLD BLISTER out sometime this summer, it's been in storage too longsad smiley needs a bit of engine and brake work.

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Attachments:
Posted by: richard1 ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:22AM

Posted by: GWLee ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:26AM

Mel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I found a SUPER RARE new old stock eye popping smiley notchless
> headlight bezel on ebay and I just recieved it in
> the mailsmiling bouncing smiley.I had to pay LARGE for itsad smiley sharp
> seller knew it was a first design bezel.

Mel I have sets of both type bezels I am wondering, is the notched bezel the one that came on all the 60's from GM?

Or was it to do with the early 60's being different than the later 60's?

I haven't looked at the 60 parts car to see what bezels it has, since it is mostly untouched and still has it's original parts intact.

Lee Adkins

A Cave Man car
1960 2dr Coupe with pg
Color Tasco Turq.
With Ermine white top.

Catlettsburg,
In the Beautiful state of
North/East KY!

Not the best pic, but the only I had from then, 1997!

2016!

Date: May 12, 2013 07:56AM

As far as I can tell only the very very early 60's had the headlight bezels without the notch at the bottom.smiling smileyWithout the notch I suppose the dirt collected at the bottom of the bezels.

Posted by: unsafe62 ()
Date: May 12, 2013 08:27AM

were the elements a kind of green color? if so i have a few in great shape and metal support cages as well

edit, never mind, mine dont have that lip area on top and bottom of filter element and my green foam ones go on the outside of cages, and are for double air cleaner not single.... i think mine are for 61-63 corvair?

Mel Wrote:
> I knew the very very early Cavemans used a oil-
> wetted polyurethane air cleaning element but
> information and pictures are hard to come bysad smiley I
> finally found some pics and info.......the metal
> screen that holds the foam element is 3" tall and
> about 6 1/2" in diameter. I'm still looking for an
> original foam element.smiling smiley

Shawn
Charles city, Iowa
My facebook page:
[www.facebook.com]
My videos of various things including a couple Corvair videos
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2013 08:32AM by unsafe62.

Posted by: GWLee ()
Date: May 12, 2013 02:36PM

Mel went out and checked my 60 parts car, it has the notch on the bezel's.

The I'd number on it is 00727w181980.

Lee Adkins

A Cave Man car
1960 2dr Coupe with pg
Color Tasco Turq.
With Ermine white top.

Catlettsburg,
In the Beautiful state of
North/East KY!

Not the best pic, but the only I had from then, 1997!

2016!

Posted by: avairscout ()
Date: May 25, 2013 04:53PM

hi mel good find if you like those 60s i want to ask you about that j yard you posted last fall near watertown ny i would like the info so i could go visit it ill need phone # and address hope you have it thanks much bill

Date: May 26, 2013 05:12AM

PM sent Billsmiling smiley

Posted by: coleslaw31 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 07:37PM

Mel Wrote:
> smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

I ended up using the poster that mentioned the airplane like engine at a airshow/carshow over the weekend. it was perfect for the event but wasnt great quality since the photo you posted was all I had to print. if you got a good quality shot I would love to have it to print out for next time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 07:39PM by coleslaw31.

Posted by: luciusmichael ()
Date: October 08, 2013 01:23PM

what is the car in the newspaper clip??

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: October 08, 2013 01:31PM

Which clip? link the pic!!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: 66corsa ()
Date: October 08, 2013 08:04PM

ok you built the drama and suspense now let the hounds out and let,s see it..

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: October 08, 2013 08:09PM

Go to the first page!!!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: luciusmichael ()
Date: October 15, 2013 07:14AM

1st page of this post

Current Page: 20 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.