home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 1 of 24
What I did today! / AKA let's show Cody he's not the only butt buster out there!
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 28, 2010 04:36PM

Few of us can accomplish 1/10 as much as Cody on any given day...

SO.... this is for all us lazy slackers that keep the wives / family/ neighbors happy..before hitting the garage!

Every time you work on your Vair...no matter how small a job.... post it here!

Make it short... ONE pic only per day...

Let's see if we can keep this "ontop" and pass the Kid in the viewcount! LOL

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What I did today! / AKA let's show Cody he's not the only butt buster out there!
Date: February 28, 2010 04:40PM

changed headlight bulb for ladyfriend at breakfast.

finished radio intall in '67 4 speaker / remote 200 watt

Removed chrome from frontend of '67 and sanded to 220 and applied GREY primer in prep for tomorrows shoot!

Watched Jimmie J. win another race.. at the same time!

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Re: What I did today! / AKA let's show Cody he's not the only butt buster out there!
Posted by: Pacerace ()
Date: February 28, 2010 04:58PM

Replaced tail light/backup light, and front parking light bulbs.

Fixed the rubbing problem with the grant steering wheel adapter plate. Forgot to unplug the horn relay before pulling off the horn button, the plate fell and hit the steering wheel, and the horn started blaring in the garage haha.

Replaced all the interior screws.

Sanded and cleaned the Rally II's

Painted the Rally II's with rust converter.

Polished the back of the center mirror

Polished beauty rings for the Rally II's

Chandler
Powder Springs, GA.

1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp Coupe

Posted by: 65Cvair ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:01PM

I guess it qualifies if it keeps the vairs around. So I finished making crossbars for the luggage rack on the flex. Now this years vacation can happen with us taking clothes... GGG

Cleaned up the garage in prep for the convertible coming home from the painter this week.

Posted by: Disco Benny ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:06PM

took cylinders 1, 3, 5 off

did leak test on cylinder head

found exhuast valve on number 5 leaks

....its my lady's B-Day too

cheers

Benny
65' 500 Coupe
110hp
4spd

chrome?? Nah, flashy trim is for weenies

Posted by: TS1 ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:14PM

Worked on my wierd PG a bit.... shifts better now but still too high.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 05:15PM by TS1.

Posted by: bubba ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:15PM

i RODE that sucker!

Posted by: sweet66monza ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:30PM

Matt-GREAT IDEA!!

Aside from the car, i cleaned up the scraps from splitting wood, put the stock dash back in the van and took it for another drive, and FINALLY fixed the dash in my truck. Last night i got my snowmobile running. Some d**khead had put WATER in the tank...couldnt figure out why it wouldnt run till i pulled the carbs off and drained WATER brom the bowls...i was soo pissed.

Cody Hurley
North Idaho (Post Falls)
66 Monza convertible 140/PG, loaded with factory options
66 Corsa factory turbo coupe, 3rd owner fully documented [corvaircenter.com]
66 Corsa 140 coupe 95% rust free car, build or sell
65 Monza coupe daily driver 110/4
Also 2 Ford f350 IDI diesels, two Jeep FC 170s, two CJ5s, 72 superbeetle, 13 motorcycles and thousands of parts

Posted by: wildwhl ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:37PM

Pulled apart dizzy to machine down for oil pump drive.

Finalized rear support bracket for intercooler - machined end mounts.

Took a nap.

Pondered buying another 'vair.

Thought about dropping the whole engine just because.

Called it quits before the project turned the wrong direction.

grinning smiley

WW

'62 Vair sold - watch for her, she'll make..she'll watch you through the rearview!

Date: February 28, 2010 05:38PM

Dang you still bust our butts!! I'm going to ADD, in the first post.... Cody can Relate what he did NON- Corvair!!! ggggg

Posted by: eds ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:46PM

Cut and installed air cleaner gasket.
Then took a nap!

Posted by: john ackley ()
Date: February 28, 2010 06:01PM

adjusted generator on 60'
changed right carb on 60
tightened left carb on 60
charged 64 brier battery
changed fuel filter (full of rust) on the 60
fiddled with gas gauge sending unit on 60
cried because i need to take gas tank out of 60
cleaned up newest puddle of oil in the driveway (can anyone take me through how to do the pushrod tubes on that thing?)
tinkered with the cold blooded gas heater (i think its in the controls)
installed ipod adapter to the ash tray, fits like it should have been there in the first place!

Posted by: 65 Crown Corsa ()
Date: February 28, 2010 06:11PM

Had 3 Vairs randomly come by to show off their new stuff and poke fun at my broken Corv8

Ed
65 Crown/Wills Corsa
WPB Florida

Posted by: Leon R ()
Date: February 28, 2010 06:16PM

finished putting the front end in after I had taken it out, sandblasted and glass beaded and painted and installed new bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends. Just need to grease it and get it and the rear aligned.

Leon Rumpf, Summerland BC
65 monza vert 110/pg, 1925 McLaughlin Buick 4dr convert, 1974 VW thing, 1955 Chev 2dr BelAir, 1987 Buick Regal T type, 94 Dodge with Cummins, 2014 Audi Q5 tdi
52 chev 2dr sedan resto rod. several tractors.

Attachments:
Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: February 28, 2010 06:18PM

Built long block for refurbished 64 95 FC motor this weekend. Reamed and honed cylinders, cleaned pistons and grooves, plastigaged crankshaft, checked gaps, assembled crankcase, pistons, and cylinders and set the heads in place.

I also got about 3/4 of the way through building a three-level doll bed that my daughter has been bugging me to build with her.

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
60 Monza coupe (sold, sniff sniff)
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Attachments:

Posted by: SpyderMan ()
Date: February 28, 2010 06:33PM

I changed the passenger side high low beam. Then drove the wagon to the grocery store.

Sam Russell
Durham NC
1962 Monza Wagon
1964 Spyder coupe

Posted by: mikemike ()
Date: February 28, 2010 06:55PM

I pressure washed EVERY inch of Lucy. If anything is still hanging on, I'm just gonna have to scrub it off.

Oh, and my house was broken into while I was at the Pub last night. No more 42" sad smiley
No more money stash hot smiley. My tools are ok. :-D

'64 Monza Coupe (Sold)
'65 Corsa Coupe (Sold)
'61 Lakewood (Sold)
[Next Corvair Here] :-)

Posted by: red64vair ()
Date: February 28, 2010 06:57PM

Sunny and warm (60 deg gggg) so I asked wife if she wanted to go for a ride with the top down. She said NO, so we went for a ride with the top up.

Posted by: Mason H ()
Date: February 28, 2010 06:59PM

I ran a little over 2 miles down by the river and carted my friends around town yesterday.

I found out that my tunnel pan came off after i bottomed out going too fast pulling off my dirt road onto the street and fixed that with some wire because the zip ties wouldnt stay zipped.

I went to look at my friends 64 (?) Falcon to see if it was worthing trying to fix, its not. so i think he is going to either sell it or part it out, most likely sell it. Its a straight 6, carb is going to need rebuilt, everything is there on the interior just will need re upholstery and small stuff, all original by the way. going to need some wires under the trunk and new key/ ignition cylinder maybe since there is no keys. no title and flat tires too. If interested PM me?

jumped same friends 70's small GMC and did a little off roading.

Drifted in another friends Camery too, i looovve e brakes haha. I found out i am not too bad at drifting. did some sweet multi turn drifts around a few mesquite bushes by the high school.

p.s. Yes i know this wasnt just today but its close enough lol

65 Monza 110. Arizona.

"This Corvair isn't Jesus, but it will walk on water"

"I have to go in the garage and flip mine over at least once a week cause it rolls over so easily" -davhamm

The above is a picture of what i used to own, i am no longer a vair owner. Just someone who comes to pass a few minutes and pass on what knowledge i do have.

Posted by: art in va ()
Date: February 28, 2010 07:59PM

Matt,
Sure fire way to beat Cody, you don't have to do more work, just get Cody a girlfriend. A once a month air pressure check will have him beat. gggg

Art in VA
67 Sedan

Current Page: 1 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.