home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Can anyone tell me if this is a factory Fitch Sprint?
Posted by: UGLYTRUK ()
Date: March 29, 2010 06:51PM

Now that the pix are posted and clear, I can honestly say it's a

TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP!

Including the old cig butts!

I guess old DYMO tape makes it a SPRINT!

BTW, the original poster asked "Can anyone tell me if this is a factory Fitch Sprint?"

I say NO! Don't like our attitude when you're dumb? Go buy a Ford... drinking smiley

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: William Pierson ()
Date: March 29, 2010 07:07PM

I owned the 62 Sprint that Steve Goodman referred to . I bought it from the widow of the family who purchased it new. He helped me with info about the car. It has all documentation including a note scribbeled on the back of a country club meal receipt about the Sprint article in one of the national magazines.It had every piece of documentation possible I think. The title said Corvair and actually came from a Chevy dealership. Fitch's name was not on the title. Tim Mahler now owns the car and has all the original documentation. I also once owned the Sprint that Rob Landers now owns. It also has only Corvair on the title.
Tim has quite a collection.Unsafes Sprint, the 62 Sprint, the #3 race car from Giannotti and a Cord replica, plus a couple others.You can tell he is single and has a good job.
Bill Pierson

Date: March 29, 2010 07:19PM

The above pix are from the PO, now mine at Michael LeVeques 2 years ago

Attachments:

Posted by: Horndoc ()
Date: March 29, 2010 08:27PM

Hey Andrew...When ya gonna get that Sprint going and back home? smiling smiley

Paul Abel
Rochester, NY

66 Monza 110 4sp.
67 Monza convertible 95 4sp.
2010 Chevy HHR

Date: March 29, 2010 09:05PM

I wish... the '64 is still apart, and I busted my ass to get the Sub and promised parts to the guy...

Posted by: SLlNKY ()
Date: March 30, 2010 05:00AM

whats one of the tops worth? I have one here i'd like to move before it gets wrecked..

Posted by: Fazgard ()
Date: March 30, 2010 12:58PM

Great Sprint info! Glad he asked. Very entertaining thread tho, so ..

I've always been wondering about my '66 Fitch Sprint...

Very Rare 1966 International Scout Fitch Sprint.

I don't have any documentation, but I think I'll throw it up on Ebay tongue sticking out smiley

(Maybe I should get the Sprint top for it first)

-Cheers!

-Central Florida-
'65 140 Coupe 4spd
'65 110 Vert 4spd
'66 Scout (Languishing in the background.. )
'buncha classic pumpers over the years

In the beginning ...

The story so far .. [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Mike Stillwell ()
Date: March 30, 2010 01:24PM

I'd give one a 10% premium over a similary priced vehicle of non-Sprint status. More for a really nice and documented one - like Andrew's, Rob's or Tim's cars. I've known of a few over the years that did not move very well, but they were more like mail order Sprints versus Fitch shop jobs. The more Sprint options - the better luck you will have.

Mike
YS-117

Posted by: KenC ()
Date: January 07, 2018 06:28PM

I know this is a really old thread, but I was interested in it. I was the third owner of a 1965 Fitch Sprint in 1973.It was a silver 140 HP coupe. It did not have the Fitch top. It had all of the paperwork from Fitch including the setup specs for alignment. It still had the Konis, all suspension and steering mods, Fitch wood wheel and shift knob, shift kit, all badging still intact. It had stock wheel covers. The original owner had installed headers and glasspacks. My best friend's parents made me park around the corner at night so it didn't wake them if was over at his house at night. My mom could hear me from several blocks away. I was a new college grad and therefore was an idiot and sold after about a year or so to a gentleman in Vienna, VA. I lived in Arlington. It was a really fun car for a first car! As with many others out there in the world, it's a car I wish I had back today. I embarrassed my neighbor in his Alfa 1750 GTV on more than one occasion. Best wishes to all you Corvair aficianados out there.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: January 07, 2018 06:41PM

Welcome to the CCF!! You are not alone....but any similar vair is just as much fun to own and drive!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.