Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: corvairs in movies
Date: January 25, 2011 01:34AM

Here's a screenshot of the two late models in front of a Safeway store.

I watched the chase again tonite. Found an early model, too. As they are coming down off the hill, before the high speed chase, McQueen is following the Charger downhill to a stop sign intersection that has Cable Cars going by. Just to the right is the early model 2 door right after he passes the hot tar roofing trailer/truck.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: '66Monza ()
Date: January 25, 2011 03:45AM

Probably posted on here already but Richard Dreyfuss' car in Mr. Holland's Opus, is that anyone's car on here?

Kurt
1966 Monza convertible
140 - 4 speed

Pittsburgh,Pa.
CORSA MEMBER
WPCC - Western Pennsylvania Corvair Club - 2018 National Convention

Posted by: vairboy ()
Date: January 25, 2011 01:58PM

Dont forget that Joe Pesci lives in a corvair van in the movie "With Honors". Also Jamie Lee Curtis lives in an ultra van in "My Girl"

Posted by: mrtrimmier ()
Date: January 25, 2011 06:05PM

j3m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In "1969" (1988) starring Kiefer Sutherland,
> Robert Downey Jr., Bruce Dern, Winona Ryder, and
> Mariette Hartley. There is a scene where the
> main characters are cruisin down a rural country
> road in what appears to be a red 1964 vert with
> the top down and Canned Heat's 'Goin Up The
> Country' blasting. The 'this' Network has it
> on this morning and its been among their recent B
> to F movie rotation. That one is definitely well
> below "B" movie grade/status. There is another
> groovy aircooled machine, a bus in it too...

I may have posted previously about this but we loaned 2 '64 converts to the movie company for use in "1969" My mother's car was used for the driving scenes and my car was used for the static scenes. The movie company was supposed to repaint the cars as they were when loaned but when we got them back there were remnants of the "movie colors" all around the emblems and trim etc. Litigation ensued but nothing ever became of it unfortunately. Such is life...

Regards,
Mike T
Lady's Island S.C.

Black '65 CORSA "parts" car ("RatVair") '65 CORSA Weber/180 ("Whitey") '60 500 Sedan ("Smurf Surf Sedan")

Posted by: JayHart ()
Date: March 19, 2011 05:56PM

Just watching the movie "Cyrus" with Marisa Tomei. 16:23 into the movie there is a light blue 2 door LM that drives across the screen at night time.

Hope Valley,
Rhode Island

Posted by: LeeS ()
Date: March 19, 2011 08:07PM

Up above, in that screen-shot of the two late models in front of a Safeway store, isn't that a red and white Lakewood in there?

Posted by: 69Corvairman ()
Date: March 20, 2011 09:13AM

While watching Used Cars with Kurt Russell, I noticed in a brief shot a LM vert! It was during the fight scene in the bed of the black pickup. It's after Kurt rides the hood of the international travelall and gets back in the truck. I had to pause the DVD to confirm. It's a maroon LM with a white top!

Thanks,
Karl Behrens
Milwaukee, WI
64 Vert
69 500 #5465 (on jackstands for awhile)

Posted by: KentuckyvairGuy ()
Date: March 20, 2011 09:34AM

In the movie MY GIRL II, when she goes to L.A. to visit her uncle, he works for a repair garage that has a Rampside as a work truck. There is a scene where they are driving it at the end.

Posted by: Pacerace ()
Date: March 20, 2011 09:37AM

KentuckyvairGuy Wrote:
> In the movie MY GIRL II, when she goes to L.A. to
> visit her uncle, he works for a repair garage that
> has a Rampside as a work truck. There is a
> scene where they are driving it at the end.

Will now have to watch that one again!

Chandler
Powder Springs, GA.

1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp Coupe

Date: March 20, 2011 02:37PM

Found "Columbo" on the Netflix online viewing menu.
Downloaded one of the first season shows from 1971. I love watching these for the old cars and "time travel to days of yore" in them.

After the setup for the crime, when the evil killer is driving a really "killer" black 1968 El Dorado Cadillac, Columbo is seen crusing down the blvd in his old Peugeot.
He gets flagged over by a cop, and then you see he was being followed by a sweet '61 coupe. Notice the great old Pontiac Dealer's "Indian Head" sign, too.

He pulls over, and as the M/C cop pulls up, you see a real fine 1962 Olds F-85 Cutlass ragtop make the turn, then notice that there is another Early in the Used Car lot.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: milehighlife ()
Date: March 20, 2011 07:19PM

My 1963 Spyder convert is in "Skills Like This", set up by the PO when it was filmed in Denver. The dulling compound used on the paint sealed the deal that a repaint is a must. The actor threw a trashcan at the front driver's wheel in frustration at the 'boot' on the car and whacked the fender and Spyder emblem. Clever movie, a little tough to find. They drive off into the hills of Golden at the end. (should've gone to see Steve and gotten a tune up).

Derek
Denver, CO
1963 Spyder Convertible w/ '64 Spyder engine

Posted by: nnsquared ()
Date: April 04, 2011 04:11PM

Five Miles to Midnight, Sophia Loren and Gig Young in Paris in a '60 4dr sdn, about half way through the movie. Turner Classic Movies, Monday night at 6 pm

Regards,
Kerwin,
Valley Forge, PA
65 Monza 110 PG, Stinger wannabe SW 001

Posted by: cwdaveroch ()
Date: April 27, 2011 06:58PM

The Corvair in Used Cars was mine!!! You can see a picture and read about it in my blog:

[davescorvair.blogspot.com]

In short -- I was in college in Phoenix and there were flyers posted to bring your old car out to the desert to be in a movie. It was fun -- I didn't know the 'vair had made it into the movie until I could watch it frame by frame.

As for my blog -- it's way out of date. I have to update it soon.

Posted by: Rich Cooley ()
Date: April 28, 2011 04:20AM

I remember my ol'man had one of the three vans from "With Honors". It went to the crushers. They cut the side out for interior shots.

Rich Cooley
Spanaway WA
64 Spyder Clone 140/4
62 700 Wagon 110/pg

Posted by: DreamRyder1963 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 01:45PM

Im surprised no one has mentioned American Grafetti. There r close to 20 corvair cameos in there! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Joseph Bates
Corryton, TN
63 700 Sedan

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 28, 2011 05:22PM

DreamRyder1963 Wrote:
> Im surprised no one has mentioned American
> Grafetti. There r close to 20 corvair cameos in
> there! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
===================================================

DR... search for the other 100 Threads about this and you'll see just about everything has been mentioned!! gg

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: December 15, 2011 09:36PM

Tree Of Life 2011 remake of the 50's classic Brad Pitt / Sean Penn

Opening scene...'63 parked on residential street..nice long shot..

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Attachments:
Posted by: bill darcy ()
Date: December 15, 2011 09:40PM

They're everywhere,they're everywhere.GGG

In the Hub City, Belen NM

Lead from behind..... get left in the dust
"I have not failed I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work" Thomas Edison

Posted by: lgoodwin ()
Date: December 15, 2011 10:41PM

nnsquared Wrote:
> Divorce American Style, 1967 era. About 1 1/2 hrs
> into the movie, van johnson, a carsalesman is
> making a pitch on tv, and in the background, on
> the right is a blue early of some sort. Movie on
> TCM last night.
There are FOUR Corvairs in that movie. Pretty sure one of them (blue EM) is the same car twice, once in the opening scene where all the men are driving home from work in a mad rush to get to their ticky-tacky houses in the housing development, and again in a used car lot.

1962 Corvair 900 sedan1967 Corvair Monza 140/4-speed1968 Corvair 500 coupe1983 Mexican Mustang 5.0
1962 900 sedan needs a home1967 Monza 140/4-spd1968 500 coupe (now my son's)1983 Mexican Mustang 5.0

Posted by: Vairefast ()
Date: December 16, 2011 12:13AM

Wow, I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned this one. Main car in the movie was a corvair.
Tomboy 1985
Betsy Russell (Actor), Gerard Christopher (Actor), Herb Freed (Director)

She raced a lm coupe with a "v8 in the rear" with a giant ugly snorkel scoop over the rear window. Really bad flick, but shows a lot of a corvair IIRC. Not kid appropriate.

Darrin
65 Crown
68 Monza convert

Attachments:
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.