Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
American Flat 6

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Evening Orchid A/C PG 1965 Monza coupe for sale, Vancouver BC
Posted by: Brent ()
Date: December 13, 2005 10:59AM

Hi guys!

The prodigal Corvair has returned and I am trying to find a good home for it-

I'm the second owner of this car and despite its scary looking condition in the photos, its actually pretty nice. There is verrrrrrrrry little rust. It has had a so-so collision repair of the right front fender ahead of the front wheel that I would not be happy with but the repair was done to pretty good standards of appearance and isnt very bad. I would be inclined to replace the passengers front fender and the front panel to make it perfect before I painted it personally. The lead joints at the windshield corners are lifting but a NOS cowl panel goes with the car. The drivers door has been replaced with one that has a fairly new NOS exterior skin. The quarters are perfect as is the floor, and the rust where it exists is very confined and minor elsewhere.

Its a '65 Monza coupe, originally Evening Orchid with black interior, original tinted windshield, F41 suspension with correct new Delco shocks, AM PB radio and a very perfect new Powerglide Positraction 3:27 transaxle. It has about 60,000 miles on its factory 110HP engine, which has not been resealed and never has been hot enough to develop any serious leaks. I think the car likely still has the GM O Rings. The car has been off the road and mostly in indoor storage since 1993, prior to that time it was my daily driver. I have installed factory air conditioning in this car. The car is missing a lot of small parts in the engine compartment like upper sheetmetal and carbs and other pretty generic easy to find stuff and it has no steering column mast jacket, seats, or interior trim to speak of. It would run with about a days work, but would need an interior and some dash and steering parts to be drivable. The engine is very good shape, and I have a couple old emsissions tests from when it was last registered and driving. The interior was sold to Universal Pictures for the Mark Wahlberg film 'Fear', which is why its missing and what took the car off the road originally.

I have the original keys, bill of sale, finance contract and GM Canada production records for the car. It really would be a nice car for someone who wants a project that does not require enourmous skill or a vast investment to put together, almost any 1965 Monza coupe would have all the parts you need to finish it up and I'll throw in anything I have here that fits the car from my used parts collection to get you started. The pcitures make it look considerably worse than it is, but I can happily send more to anyone interested in the car. I'd have liked to have restored it, but am concentrating on my convertible projects and would like the space more at the moment...

I would look at any Corvair trade too, and am pretty flexible on price. Basically its a interesting car I would really like to see go into good hands more than anything- finding a good home for it is quite a bit more important to me than maxing out what I get for this car. Its located in Canada about 2 hours north of Seattle, WA.

Drop me a note if you are interested in knowing more,

brentcovey@hotmail.com

Brent

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Evening Orchid A/C PG 1965 Monza coupe for sale, Vancouver BC
Date: December 13, 2005 11:22AM

more pix

Attachments:

Date: December 13, 2005 11:22AM

and more

Attachments:

Posted by: Russell in B'ham ()
Date: December 13, 2005 01:42PM

I thought E.O. colour was only available on the Corsa???

Date: December 13, 2005 02:07PM

My understanding is Evening Orchid, Glacier Gray (silver) and Crocus Yellow were reserved for the Monza and Corsa (and 'senior Chevrolet models like Impala and Chevelle Malibu) - however if you think Chevy would lose a sale because you wanted a 500 or a Biscayne in a 'reserved' colour guess again, they'll build it any colour you like.

Hows Fred the VairCat doing Russell? I'm cat-sitting Thompson the siamese this month. He has hitherto been the Model Cat.

Brent

Posted by: Shaun ()
Date: December 13, 2005 02:07PM

Evening Orchid was available across the entire Chevrolet line, but only for 1965.

Posted by: Russell in B'ham ()
Date: December 13, 2005 08:27PM

Hi Brent,
Fred is doing fine and aging well. Here is a recent pic. He got in a scrap a few months ago and lost a bit of his right ear. He also look like he is developing 'lazy eye'.

See ya!

Attachments:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.