Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: EZ Car Lift
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: April 11, 2009 04:48AM

I resemble that old codger remark...so far floor jack & jack stands are working. The Greg Smith Equipment Air Force air compressors are looking good. A vertical is on the list to buy soon. cool smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: May 24, 2011 11:16AM

Ay Phil.
I bought Boytcho's EZ Car Lift last year to help R&R the engine from my Greenbrier. The thing works fantastic. As you know I used to have the two post commercial car lift. Had to sell it because I lost use of the building it was in.
Like Seth said earlier... the two post unit would not fit at my house either. This EZ Lift does.
So I have had the experience of both kinds of lifts. Being able to walk under a lifted car is nice, but in reality most of my work is done 2ft off the floor. Also... the taller the lift... the higher one has to reach and hand lift parts for installation or removal. So there is a trade off. Buttt the biggest point missed in this discussion is that the EZ is super portable. I brought mine home easily in the back of my Toyota Yaris 3 door Hatch... with two of us in the little car also.
As for the price.... I look at it just like the 2 post lift I had. Cheezers... I have a bigger investment in just my hand tools, than the cost of lift! And when I am through with it.. I don't plan on just giving it away. Even at 1/2 the price I paid, it would have been worth the convenience!
I guess to sum it up, my Brother said it best.... "As we get older, we must use the technology available"! My back and I have to agree!
Phil, if you want to check my EZ Lift out... drop on buy anytime.

Dave P.

Posted by: VegasVair ()
Date: May 24, 2011 03:13PM

I bought one in a group buy a few years ago when 50 buyers got the price down to $1295.
I think it's the best lift you can get for a home garage with 8' ceiling.
Right now it's unbolted and stacked against the garage wall out of the way.
It takes one person about 5 minutes to assemble it and roll it under the Corvair.
The lift is very well built, sturdy and safe.

65 Corsa 140/4 A/C convert.
CORSA+Vegas Vairs

Posted by: 4carbcorvair ()
Date: May 24, 2011 04:07PM

Wow, for that kind of money... I want the Max Jax. Portable two post lift, 45 inch rise. Can move it to the corner of the garage when I'm done AND I get full access to the bottom of the car. Could install multiple anchor points in the garage to use in different locations. For about the same amount of money as the EZ lift.

[www.maxjaxusa.com]

--------------------------------
Ronnie
Southern Maine.
www.dirigocorvairs.net
66 Corsa Convertible, 140, 4sp.
65 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

It doesn't leak, it's marking it's territory.

A mirror is a reflection of the miles travelled.

Posted by: VegasVair ()
Date: May 24, 2011 04:50PM

The Max Jax looks like a good lift.
The EZ Lift mechanics are under the side rails.
You have access to everything underneath the car.

65 Corsa 140/4 A/C convert.
CORSA+Vegas Vairs

Posted by: 64turbo ()
Date: May 24, 2011 06:34PM

I recently came across a Snap-On mid rise lift at a pretty good price so I jumped on it, but if not, I sure would have considered the Max Jax. That looks sweeeet!

Ron Manwaring
CT Corsa

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: May 25, 2011 08:06AM

I was aware of the MaxJax lift. It is made and sold just 20 miles from my house. Looks like a really great lift and definetly goes higher than the EZ Lift, and is rated at 6000#.
However what I wanted was something that was far more portable. I can loan the EZ to anyone and can haul it anywhere. Also the EZ takes less room in my garage when not is use, compared to the Max.
For me... I cannot be sure the floor of my garage is a good 4" slab to anchor the MaxLift to each time I use it. "Track built home"!!! I can hear what sounds like hollow spots in the slab when I drag the floor jack around!!! The additional lift height is not important. The Max price is several hundred dollars more as of 1-1-2011, But that is not a deal buster.
For me, and my requirements, I like the EZ Lift. And the guy who designed and makes them is also a local Corvair guy.
I will admit that the MaxJax is a nice unit and may truly be a good choice for others. Also...I really miss my commercial 2-post lift... even tho it was HUGE!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.