home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Dual Master Cylinder conversion help
Posted by: Barrist ()
Date: January 26, 2018 09:23AM

Getting ready to do this conversion. I have a question before ordering from Clarks.
I plan on ordering the dual conversion kit, and a hard line kit. The question is, should I order the '67 hard line kit (without M/C lines) or my stock '65 lines ?

Thank You,

Bill

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Oldschool327 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 08:16PM

Lon,
I was the one you talked to one the phone. I emailed you the photos you asked for, called three times and left messages and still haven't heard back from you.

Brian

Posted by: jetcat ()
Date: January 30, 2018 04:36PM

On my 66 coupe I replaced the main steel line with the 67 pre-bent from Clarks. I also bought the 67 bulkhead fitting instead if doing the grommet thing. Used the master brake cylinder lines that came with the Clark's master and CAREFULLY re-bent the rear line to fit. See photos. If you go this route, make sure you put the bulkhead fitting closer to the existing front line bulkhead fitting. Had to bend the main line because where I put the fitting the main line would interferes with the heater duct.

Bob
Paso Robles, CA

Central Coast Corsa
1966 Turbo Corsa convertible
1966 Corsa 140 coupe

Attachments:

Posted by: Barrist ()
Date: January 31, 2018 04:31AM

Thank You Bob, just what I was looking for.

Made Order with Clarks yesterday.

That Damn " While I'm There List" almost broke the Bank. confused smiley

Thanks Again,

Bill

Posted by: TahoeRon ()
Date: February 12, 2018 05:07PM

I have been trying to resolve a dual master cylinder issue with Corvair Underground for months now. The lines did not match the instructions. Lon thought he had sent me a LM kit instead of a EM kit. New lines came, but they did not look right either. I mailed all the lines back, but kept the master cylinder and adaptors. That was a couple of months ago. Lon has responded that he would get me the correct lines but I haven't seen them yet.

I don't believe that anyone is trying to cheat me, but the service or lack of it is a real problem. I have hesitated to say this but it's true. Maybe I will have to give up and fabricate the lines I need. Too bad.
=====
Ron

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 12, 2018 05:23PM

I would have after 3 days!! gg

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: TahoeRon ()
Date: February 13, 2018 11:47AM

Well, Matt, it must be nice to own a double flare tool. I hate to get one just to finish a job that should not have needed it. I was hoping that by posting my problem, Lon would get this out of the way.
Like I say, I have been extra patient (You should see the list of emails, and telephone calls). The beat goes on.
=====
Ron

Posted by: thewolfe ()
Date: February 13, 2018 12:14PM

You can buy different lengths of tubing with the flares and nuts already on them. Just bend to shape and go. I ran into the same problem as you when I bought the same kit about 10 years ago. It had a weird mix of parts. Some of which I used, extra fittings that didn't appear to go anywhere, one line that fit and another that I couldn't figure out where it could have gone given the short length and the bends it had. I ended up making a line.

Nate Wolfe
Portland OR
65 Corsa 180

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.