Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
American Flat 6

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
PLEASE DON'T TOUCH --- CAR SHOW SIGNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: "UNSAFE" ()
Date: April 17, 2008 07:56PM

I usually just say "go ahead and touch it " with the Cars I have now.

I am appalled at how the announcers on the Barret-Jackson auction fondle the cars and paperwork like it's no big deal . Some of those guys need a lesson about touching other peoples cars. Or a swift kick !

Anyway, Anyone got any good car show "do not touch" signs to share ?

Or a good car show Fondling story ?

"UNSAFE"
Kevin Willson
65 Monza
Juneau. Alaska

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PLEASE DON'T TOUCH --- CAR SHOW SIGNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: john ackley ()
Date: April 18, 2008 02:37AM

i was at a show with my van, just watching people talk. a group of owners that had parked together were talking in a circle when all of a sudden one stopped and stared at something near the cars, in a split second the entire group noticed and stared in that direction, someone had rested there hand on the window of an old studebaker while looking in the window, it doesnt seem like much, but the entire group got very quiet and someone mumbled something about loosing a hand. it was all very overly dramatic, but still awesome to see happen smiling smiley

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: April 18, 2008 03:52AM

Here's mine:

Little story: My open-make car club had a 10-car display at the fair. I wandered by the cars to find two teenage girls IN one of the cars SMOKING! I asked them to please get out of the car and boy did they get mad! Except for the smoking part, too bad I didn't have my sign with me:

Attachments:
Posted by: timinbovey ()
Date: April 18, 2008 06:21PM

I have a zillion car show sign photos, sadly most of them are SLIDES and lord knows where they are! But, here's one from Back to the 50's last year..oh..and a shot of the whole car too.

Tim in Bovey

===
That's not a hula dancer...it's a G-force indicator
===
'64 Monza "Faux Spyder" 110 4 speed.
The "Screaming Yellow Zonker"
[www.edselmotors.com]
===

Attachments:

Posted by: shomeyrwit ()
Date: April 18, 2008 11:05PM

Trying to find a group of friends at a big Harley show we looked and looked but could only find their Bikes after a good 20 min trying to locate the group I looked at the two guys I was with and said well I didnt want to resort to this and placed my hand on the closest friends bike,,,, and immediatly heard "HEY what the F,,,oh hey were up here" looked around to see my buddies head poking out of the second story window ,,, the guys with me were obviously awed by the (purely coincidental) event so I said see, dont ever touch another mans Harley,,, they can sense it

Posted by: polymer ()
Date: April 18, 2008 11:58PM

I saw one that said "If you don't run your fingers over my car I won't run my car over your fingers!".

Shameless plug for my site.. Jerry's World of Toys. Restoration information and more.
[www.polymer52.webs.com]

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 19, 2008 12:00AM

Why I normally do not frequent "car shows".... GAG!

Posted by: mike hicks ()
Date: April 19, 2008 04:44AM

We went to our local semi-informal show last weekend and my 11 year old son fell in love with an MG Midget. The owner actually let him sit in it. It made him so happy. Now he wants one. Yikes.

I don't blame the car show guys with their very nice, very expensive paint jobs for not wanting people touching their cars but I sure appreciate having my driver quality car and not having to worry about fingerprints and scratches. I mean I don't WANT scratches, but the paints not nice enough for me to worry about it.

Posted by: bubba ()
Date: April 19, 2008 05:05AM

couple years ago, i painted a sign on a guys "show" boat. it read, "BOB ON THIS".

Posted by: aeroned ()
Date: April 19, 2008 01:15PM

A few years ago, we were at the BIG local show in a park. Our cars were all parked together and we were out talking with the visitors. A couple of guys walked up to the back of Terry's car and just popped open the engine lid. Terry walked up to them and said, "Is this your car?" They both replied, "No." So he informed them that it was his and that they shouldn't be opening stuff that doesn't belong to them...or something like that.

Ned

Posted by: exmonkeypunk ()
Date: April 19, 2008 11:41PM

I always liked the sign that says "you toucha my car, i breaka your face".

65 500 110 "Low-Budget Special"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 19, 2008 11:43PM

You guys are weird!!

Only sign ever on one of my vehicles?? " Fantasies Fullfilled within" [ worked a couple of times!]

Posted by: tkalp ()
Date: April 20, 2008 02:38AM

A few years ago I took "Son of Blacktooth" [members.cox.net]
to an all Corvair mall show in Kansas City put on by HOACA. The car was in the mall for three days, lots of kids, they liked the Corvairs. Every so often I would have to go over and use some detailer to wipe the finger prints off of the Corvair. Oh the fun of having a black car.

tkalp

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.