Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Turlock swap meet
Posted by: jfreez ()
Date: January 24, 2023 01:58PM

Anybody going to the Turlock swap meet this weekend?

This is one of the biggest in CA. Im sure I will be there most of the weekend, as usual smiling smiley

Turlock swap

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turlock swap meet
Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: January 26, 2023 06:30AM

Haven't been there in over a decade. Always a good meet.

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Date: January 26, 2023 08:37AM

Well if you decide to go this year, send me a PM and I will send you my number. I always try to let other people know if I see good parts that I pass on.

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: January 26, 2023 09:01AM

I know a Corvair guy that is going but he will be selling parts from his Pontiac A-body collection.

Date: January 26, 2023 09:11AM

I usually don't see much Corvair stuff at this meet. I think most people selling Corvair parts do it at Corvair specific swaps.

I can usually find a few things for my 63 Nova, but good stuff is going for crazy prices these days.

Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: January 28, 2023 02:57PM

I've been to Turlock twice; first time maybe 30 years ago, and then 10 years ago, walked the fields with a friend from San Jose. One thing that struck me, comparing that meet with others I've attended (including Portland, Oregon 3-4 times) was the absence of NOS parts. Plenty of useable desert parts, but very little new. I have a varied "collection", in addition to Corvairs, '66 Galaxie, '73 Riviera, '76 Capri, and at one time, a '62 Olds Jetfire, so I wasn't focused on just one brand, or model. Was I looking in the wrong spaces, or was my impression correct?

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa coupe basket case
'66 Monza coupe

Date: January 29, 2023 10:15AM

There is a lot of NOS smalls and mechanical. There are a few dealers that have some nice NOS stuff, but it's usually in the buildings,
I scored a complete Corsa dash yesterday for $80.
The PO of my car drilled through the dash and glove box panel to install speakers, so I was glad to find it.
Now I just need to find a 65 glove box panel

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: January 29, 2023 11:12AM

Cool!! Thanks for the report.

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.