Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Remember IECO's Dyno-Pak?
Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: January 21, 2023 09:40PM

Thought it funny I read the review in an English magazine. Had no idea his involvement in the hobby outside of Corvairs, other than the Dyno-Pak kits for about everything.

Not sure how much of my E-3 airman's pay went to IECO when I rebuilt my 140 in the late Seventies, but it was a sizeable amount. Never forget how disappointed I was when my "RAM Induction" four barrel kit arrived with a generic, round 14" air cleaner. I was expecting the swoopy side mount cleaner as depicted in the catalog. When I complained, response was that was from a rare cross ram Chrysler/De Soto, or some such.

[vintagemotorsport.com]

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa coupe basket case
'66 Monza coupe

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remember IECO's Dyno-Pak?
Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: January 22, 2023 12:30AM

Extra performance from sucking the sulfuric acid droplets venting from the battery... gives it an extra 10hp!!! hot smiley
grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Corventure Dave

Posted by: Paulsgt ()
Date: January 22, 2023 09:32AM

That was certainly eye candy back in the day. It probably got me to spring for the 4bbl manifold. I was like 18 Y/O at the time. I bought a Holley 390 and tried to mount it up. I couldn't figure out the linkage situation so I sold the whole thing.

Enjoy the Corvair!

Paul Sergeant
CORSA Central Division Director / CORSA Treasurer
Lee's Summit, MO
CORSA since 1975
Member – HACOA, Corvair Minnesota, CORSA, Little Indians, POCI

Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: January 22, 2023 08:31PM

corventure Dave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Extra performance from sucking the sulfuric acid droplets venting from the battery... gives it an extra 10hp!!! hot smiley
> grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
>
> Corventure Dave

Nah, Dave, I made sure I had the Delco caps with the nipples and hoses that vented acid fumes under the car. But I like your idea, might be worth a try!

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa coupe basket case
'66 Monza coupe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.