Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Rampside ramp hinge
Posted by: 63spyder ()
Date: January 18, 2023 10:02PM

Does anyone know what size bolt holes are drilled or punched in the ramp hinge. Mine seems to be about 5/8 . Before I repair the hinge I figured I better find out if that’s correct . Seems to be too big a hole to me. Thanks

Wayne in Glide Oregon
63 spyder conv.(wifes car finished ,owned 17 years)65 monza conv.unfinished 14 years and never driven,yet!!!.61 rampside (new toy and distraction)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rampside ramp hinge
Posted by: roger65180 ()
Date: January 19, 2023 05:19AM

If you are talking about the hinge it self the holes are larger to allow adjustment . mine is a 62 and I believe that my hinge has oval slots.

Roger R
Madison Wi
62 ct pg turbo
65intercooled 180 4sp,autocrosser
62 Rampy

Date: January 19, 2023 07:06AM

Yes I am, it would make more sense to have oval slots. It’s hard to believe that holes that size were used, but my hinge looks to be drilled not worn. Thanks

Wayne in Glide Oregon
63 spyder conv.(wifes car finished ,owned 17 years)65 monza conv.unfinished 14 years and never driven,yet!!!.61 rampside (new toy and distraction)

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: January 19, 2023 11:16AM

AS I recall mine are 5/8 as you have found. They re round for both side to side and inward-outward ramp adjustment.
AS these were made by Chevy truck, there are some mfg differences from the cars that the body work was done by Fisher.

Corventure Dave

Date: January 21, 2023 08:52AM

Makes sense thanks

Wayne in Glide Oregon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.