Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
A short cruise to Tortilla Flat, Arizona
Posted by: azdave ()
Date: January 10, 2023 04:38PM

Last weekend we had a few club members attend a Cars & Coffee event on Saturday morning in Gilbert and after that we headed to Tortilla Flat out past the Superstition Mountains about an hour away. Tortilla Flat is the last surviving stagecoach stop along the famous Apache Trail with a population of six.

The trip was a blast with many photo opportunities along the way. At Tortilla Flat are a few stores, a restaurant, a music venue and other wild west tourist attractions. There is also a water crossing that is dry most of the year but recent rains gave a couple of us an opportunity for some harmless fun in the water.

More pics on our Cactus Corvair Club Website.
[www.cactuscorvairclub.com]

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A short cruise to Tortilla Flat, Arizona
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: January 10, 2023 07:22PM

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Posted by: ihscomputers ()
Date: January 11, 2023 04:50AM

smileys with beer

Dean F. Gemberling
Columbus, Georgia
Heart of Georgia Corvair Club Webmaster
Springfest Webmaster

1963 Rampside w/305 V8 - Built by Ken Arnold in 1998

Posted by: dryenko ()
Date: January 11, 2023 05:45AM

Obviously, as a fellow Yenko owner, I am curious as to the provenance and the owner of the Yenko pictured washing it's undercarriage.
Care to reveal ??
Bob C

Bob C aka Dryenko
Dobson, NC 27017

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: January 11, 2023 05:57AM

dryenko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obviously, as a fellow Yenko owner, I am curious as to the provenance and the owner of the Yenko pictured washing it's undercarriage.
> Care to reveal ??
> Bob C

Bob-

He did a write-up on it a while back. Its a tribute car, that looks really, really great!

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Date: January 11, 2023 06:23AM

dryenko Wrote:
> Obviously, as a fellow Yenko owner...

Oh I wish I was a fellow Yenko owner. grinning smiley

It is a genuine 66 Corsa 140 but unfortunately, just a Yenko clone that I put together about a year ago. I doctored it all up to look the part of a long neglected, recently discovered barn-find Stinger. Genuine Stingers #41 and #42 happen to be located in the Phoenix area and the owners of those cars provided me with details and templates for my tribute's nod toward the real thing.

Here is the write-up.
[corvaircenter.com]

65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2023 06:24AM by azdave.

Posted by: flat_six ()
Date: January 11, 2023 07:40AM

azdave Wrote:
>
> It is a genuine 66 Corsa 140 but unfortunately, just a Yenko clone that I put together about a year ago. I doctored it all up to look the part of a long neglected, recently discovered barn-find Stinger. Genuine Stingers #41 and #42 happen to be located in the Phoenix area and the owners of those cars provided me with details and templates for my tribute's nod toward the real thing.
>

VERY well executed. Probably took as much time/effort as a 90+ point restoration. But now Dave has a "$200K" car that he can actually drive and enjoy.

Posted by: chris ()
Date: January 11, 2023 01:44PM

Thanks for sharing Dave, great photos! When I was last in Arizona we took my grandparents on a drive and stopped at Tortilla Flat for some prickly pear ice cream.

'66 Monza coupe
4 speed
140hp
Gardner, KS

Heart of America Corvair Owners Association

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: January 11, 2023 01:47PM

Nice pictures. And look at that blue blue sky! Reminds me of the southwest.

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: January 11, 2023 04:44PM

Timothy Shortle Wrote:
> Nice pictures. And look at that blue blue sky! Reminds me of the southwest.

confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley
confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

Oh, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . smoking smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: vairsnvettes ()
Date: January 11, 2023 10:32PM

I did the drive last year in my truck. Wish it had been in my Corvair. Great pictures. thanks for sharing.

Mark
66 Corsa
Memphis

Posted by: TIBCO ()
Date: January 12, 2023 08:25AM

Great photos Dave. When I made that trip in 2014 following the Tacoma convention, I thought that Arizona and New Mexico has some of the most beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing.

Cliff Tibbitts
Nicholasville, KY
CORSA, CKCE, Derby City Corvairs
66 Monza, 140/4sp

Posted by: ddumler ()
Date: January 15, 2023 07:37PM

My red 66 Corsa vert is green with envy!

Doug Dumler
Fort Collins, CO

Posted by: CoCoCo ()
Date: January 16, 2023 12:09AM

Ahh, the proverbial and rarely seen desert chameleon Corvair!
Would have been a nice addition to their caravan in either color.

Paul

Date: January 20, 2023 03:55AM

Thanks for all the comments. I finally put a quick video together. Please excuse my amateur video skills/editing and just enjoy seeing some Corvairs on the move. It's only 3.5 minutes in length with a few slides and the beginning and end.

[youtu.be]

65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: January 20, 2023 01:15PM

Amateur video skills?
That was as good, or better than some of the monetized videographers out there!
Heh, with that music, I kept waiting for the UFO to land. grinning smiley
Great video Dave, thanks for sharing. thumbs up
I just love that Clone of yours. Too Kuel! cool smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.