Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
where to get the Black Vacum line for 140
Posted by: blkcorvair ()
Date: December 05, 2022 06:03AM

Any sources for the Black Hard 1/8" Line that runs the vacum gauge on corsa dash? It looks like Clarks has a White line (c20) when I look in the catalog. Looking to source it in black like original if possible?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: where to get the Black Vacum line for 140
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: December 05, 2022 06:29AM

Look on Ebay using that description. I found mine their, but you have to buy 50 ft length. I can find out what I have left after doing my 2 cars.

Al
Georgia

Posted by: blkcorvair ()
Date: December 05, 2022 06:51AM

Looks like I can get a 40' Piece of Black Nylon Tubing on Amazon. Wasnt using the right wording when searching that was the hold up. Thanks!

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: December 05, 2022 02:01PM

IF you get a 16 foot length of it, that should probably be enough to go from the dash, down through the tunnel and back up into the engine compartment.

When I installed new vacuum hose in my car, and just to add a little more protection for it, I ran it inside a piece of 1/4" split loom that is intended for wiring.

The split loom can be purchased in twenty foot lengths for about ten dollars. It is also available with a 1/8" ID if you prefer it. I used the 1/4: because I had it.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Posted by: jazzworkerbee ()
Date: December 05, 2022 02:14PM

I found some in bulk at my local hardware store along with the little brass ring that seals the line to the back of the gauge in the bulk brass fitting section. You might also be able to source some from shops that build air suspensions.

To install it, I found the detached end of the line that was dangling loose on the driver's side, behind the engine compartment sheet metal. I attached the new line to it. Then, I found the other end of the line under the dash and just snaked it through.

Daniel Atkinson
Tacoma, WA
65 Turbocharged Corsa

Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: December 05, 2022 04:48PM

Hydraulic shops that also have plastic line for air brakes will probably have it also.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.