Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
68-69 500 and Parts needed
Posted by: corvairsbeer ()
Date: November 18, 2022 08:15PM

Anyone out there that might have extra parts for a 500? 68 or 69

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 68-69 500 and Parts needed
Posted by: Mike Stillwell ()
Date: November 19, 2022 03:02AM

Which ones?

Mike
YS-117

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: November 19, 2022 04:31AM

Pretty different cars.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Date: November 19, 2022 05:30AM

I should of been more specific. My apologies. Looking for the padded cigarette ash tray, the heater vent that is located below the rear seat, the 500 emblems that go on the sides forward of the doors. Original radio that has the grooves on the buttons.

Posted by: Mike Stillwell ()
Date: November 19, 2022 08:13AM

I have 4 of the ‘67-8 500 emblems in average condition, a rear seat heater vent and an untested ‘68-9 AM radio. Drop me a PM and I’ll send you some pics. I’m in Virginia and shipping has been harsh lately. Radios are not too light, just warning in case you live in Alaska or California.

Mike
YS-117

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: November 19, 2022 10:08AM

I might have an ash tray but what color? And the rear seat heater vent- is that the rear window defroster vent on the hat shelf (I don't have that)? Are you in Hawaii? As Mike pointed out freight this time of year might be questionable.

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: November 19, 2022 02:52PM

Just some notes FYI:

There are three styles of radio pushbuttons; the squared off '65-6 style, the '67 waterfall (the grooves you mentioned) style that is level on the bottom, and the '68-9 waterfall style that looks like the '67, except for a teardrop effect on the (profile) leading bottom edge, which makes the button a little bit deeper on the end (a "safety" item, ya know).

Also the rear seat area heater door has two designs, one has a thin mounting perimeter flange, and the second design that adds a 1/8"thick wall around the perimeter flange. Exactly when/if/why they changed I'm not certain.

On the '68-9 padded ash tray cover, getting ripped off is often the case, as no one could figure out exactly how to open it. They also warped badly. Replacement parts were available and I've seen many a factory as well as replacement parts that had been factory painted to match the need.

The 500 fender emblems are the only ones that are installed with adhesive tape instead of the previously used cast-in-stud/speednut desigh used on '68-earlier emblems. Thus the '69 500 is the only LM to have no body holes in the front fenders.

-Mark

Date: November 20, 2022 07:36AM

Wow, thank you for your knowledge 67 airvair, I have taken notes!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.