Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
changing email address
Posted by: tgould ()
Date: November 18, 2022 11:12AM

Tried to change email address. Did not receive the required verification code. How to proceed?

Tom Gould
Beaufort SC, 29906

1966 Monza Coupe 110 4spd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: changing email address
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 18, 2022 11:44AM

Did you check your old email account?

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Rcavictor ()
Date: November 19, 2022 03:22AM

Same issue here. Never received the ‘verification code’ at the old address, nor in the Spam folder.
Unable to change email addresses.

Rob
Ocklawaha FL

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: November 19, 2022 04:30AM

Is there a CORSA email or something?

If this is just personal issues, why not create a new email address on a separate service, like Yahoo or gmail, and then set your existing email to forward to that address?

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: November 19, 2022 04:43AM

Another reason to have an forum upgrade to the current technology. Old technology forum software is limiting members here and there within it.

You should be able to change email address easily whenever you want to. Shouldn't have to go through hoops to get this forum's software to send messages to your new email address.

I have 3 email addresses. If I decide to close one and it is tied to this forum, then I am stuck in not closing it in order to get this site's email to me.

Date: November 19, 2022 04:49AM

So when people say they're trying to change their email address, they're trying to change the one associated with this account in order to receive their messages forwarded to their own emails?

Before blaming the site, and yes there is a lot to blame on it as Time Marches On, it might be good to do an informal survey about exactly how much this is happening. It's possible that it's an issue with the receiving email not the sending. I still say it's simple enough to set up one's current email to forward messages to any new email. There's nothing that says you have to pay attention to the old address after that.

I have a Gmail account that I created more than 10 years ago, that I am simply ignoring at this point. I use other Google services, but not the email. Same with my college emails and countless others through the years.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Date: November 19, 2022 05:05AM

Thanks for your thoughts Eric.

I’m pretty adept at online and tech. This is not a “reception” issue as you frame it - nor a general indictment of the site - Simply providing additional confirmation that the function to change the email address associated with my CCF account might have an issue.

As you are likely aware, the notifications one receives from CCF for threads following, PMs etc are sent to the email address listed in your profile. I am simply trying to use the functionality built into the current platform to change my personal info. That’s it.

Hopefully all will be better when the new platform launches.

Rob
Ocklawaha FL

Date: November 19, 2022 05:08AM

Funny timing. The CCF confirmation just showed up - so apparently is working smiling smiley

Rob
Ocklawaha FL

Date: November 19, 2022 06:02AM

thumbs up

Date: November 19, 2022 06:13AM

"forwarding" is not an option for me. My internet/TV/email provider is ceasing email support A/O 15 December.

On a postive note, I was able to do a "global" change on the Forum. But that will not help me here. And, my edit email function is locked up until I receive a conformation code.

Date: November 20, 2022 05:42PM

It's fixed>

Thanks Matt

Tom Gould
Beaufort SC, 29906

1966 Monza Coupe 110 4spd

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.