Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Anyone here like vinyl records?
Posted by: jazzworkerbee ()
Date: November 18, 2022 10:35AM

I have been collecting 78s and wax cylinders since I was about 10 years old in the mid-80s, mostly because I was fascinated with the musicians who were born in the 19th century and the first few decades of the 20th century. I especially love acetate (homemade) recordings and the Coco-Cola records that troupes made for their families before they shipped out during WWII. I am the second owner of a lovely Bogen tube receiver. At just 15w per channel it drives my JBL Lancer 77 speakers beautifully when my Telefunken changer is working properly. Truth be told, the Silvertone woks a little better and can hold a few more records, but it doesn't look as cool as the fancy deck.

Daniel Atkinson
Tacoma, WA
65 Turbocharged Corsa

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: November 18, 2022 01:50PM

Have a small collection of 12inch vynil, mostly from the 80's and some 90's.
A few 60's, like The Peter Gun album by Henry Mancini, Iron Butterly, Herb Alpert and the Tiajuna brass. Still running my Techniques 1200 MKII manaul op direct drive. Pick up odds and ends at swapmeets, garage/yard sales thrifts stores. I recently bought a NOS copy of a piece I wore out as a kid, a 1st run Disney's Haunted Mansion and a newly pressed all gal surf band, The Surfrajets.
Old school flamenco, Suoza, Partriotic marches, and much more.

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: November 19, 2022 06:29AM

49 years old, at least for another two months, and I have boxes and boxes of 33s, 45s, and 78s. I still buy them, and I own four different turntables, one a new high-fidelity I bought at Boo-Boo Records in San Luis Obispo. I also have many Beatles records as well as a treasured copy of the Electric Horseman soundtrack. (Don't have one? FIND it!)

I had a Magnavox cabinet in California, but I left it behind. *sigh*.

Fun fact, there are more newly manufactured vinyl records being sold today than at any time in history.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: 63ConDan ()
Date: December 02, 2022 06:16AM

These records have been sold, thanks for the inquires.

63ConDan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is very coinsendental.
>
> Just dug out my stacks of wax, looking to sell. I have about 140 rock and roll LPs from mid 60's to mid 80's.
>
> Attached is a link to a video showing all the records as I flip through.
>
> See something you like PM me.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Best with sound off.and if anything is a bit of a trip back. Thanks.

Dan Central MN
1968 Convert

Posted by: 63_967_spyder ()
Date: December 02, 2022 10:26AM

I have about 300 45s to go with my Seeburg LPC480.
recently added a wallbox also...

Attachments:
Posted by: LesH ()
Date: December 02, 2022 03:24PM

About 400 LPs here.

Half a dozen turntables, but I'm trying to cut down.

Posted by: jfreez ()
Date: December 02, 2022 04:11PM

I have been going to a record store in San Francisco that is only open for 2 hours a month.

They are actually a punk record label and just sell their own stuff. They do a lot of very limited pressings.

If your into punk music, check out their website, On the website they sell different editions that they press more of.
The cool part is they send you the MP3s with your order so that you have the best of both worlds.

fat wreck chords

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: December 02, 2022 05:18PM

Several hundred LPs in our collection. Also have an extensive collection of phonograph stuff going back to very early wax cylinders.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.