Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Chevrolet emblem for tailgate of 1962 Rampside
Posted by: lennielawson2020 ()
Date: November 15, 2022 09:09AM

Clark's list one but it is on indefinite back order. I am a new member and own a 65 Corsa Convertible with only 75K original miles (a keeper) and a 62 Corvair 95 Rampside (also a keeper). Anyone have one of these emblems for sale, I would appreciate it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chevrolet emblem for tailgate of 1962 Rampside
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: November 15, 2022 09:22AM

That is an officially rare as chicken lips item...good luck!!

Date: November 15, 2022 09:27AM

That is what I was told, and if I were to find one, it would be here. Since it's not a trailer queen, I just need something that will cover the holes. Could be any corvair or chevrolet emblem that is the same length. Would prefer no plastic.

Date: November 15, 2022 09:44AM

Are the rampside emblems different from the van ones? I know Jeff at the Corvair Ranch has a whole bundle of decent used ones.

Nick

Louisville, KY, US

64 Greenbrier

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: November 15, 2022 09:44AM

I looked for one for a friend at the Palm Springs Fanbelt Toss swap meet a couple weeks ago.
I did find one... Ir was NOS and could be had for a poultry $125. These are a special Corvair FC only script.
I did find another Chevrolet emblem there that I believe is off a Suburban. It is the same length, however the script is bolder and the mounting pins are in different positions.

Corventure Dave

Date: November 15, 2022 10:05AM

If you have it, I’ll buy it.

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: November 15, 2022 10:21AM

Hit up "antikoto" (Duane W.). I think he has a few N O S ones and I think he had that one in Palm Springs.

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: November 15, 2022 10:29AM

Look at the 54 Chevy emblem for comparison. Looks similar. Any stud that doesn't fit, cut it off and use DoubleClick tape.

55 - 57 Chevy 210 is 15" long.

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2022 10:33AM by Lane66m.

Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: November 15, 2022 10:36AM

I sold a bunch of them for $200 each a few years ago, I traded something with corventuere Dave (forgot what it was) and he got one on my NOS ones for his Rampy project, Unfortunately I only have one left for my Rampy. I have a shortened Rampy (15 inches so 80" wheel base now) that is getting this shortened tail gate emblem to match! grinning smiley

1960 4dr sedan caveman car
1961 Rampside (Chetside)
1962 Rampside (Barnside)
1962 Short Rampside (Shortside)
1962 Monza 700 Wagon
1963 Monza 900 coup (General Nader)

-----------------------------------
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2022 10:37AM by davemotohead.

Attachments:

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: November 15, 2022 01:29PM

I have been looking for a decent used one, oe a NOS one for about six month's to install on my '64 Greenbrier that I have been working on for the better part of two years.

I found a couple used ones and installed the best one I could find this past weekend.

It looks good from ten feet but still would like to find a better one.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Attachments:

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: November 15, 2022 05:18PM

I like your personalized license plate Andrea. What are those rear round lights? (Backup lights is my guess). And is that a "DRAWTITE" tow hitch? I had one and installed a reinforcing metal bracket inside the bumper and added 2 more bolts equally spaced apart. It made the hitch much stronger but also made the rear bumper much heavier.

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: November 17, 2022 05:59PM

To me, they look like 1958 Chevrolet backup lights for the station wagon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Date: November 18, 2022 04:46AM

Timothy Shortle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like your personalized license plate Andria. What are those rear round lights? (Backup lights is my guess). And is that a "DRAWTITE" tow hitch? I had one and installed a reinforcing metal bracket inside the bumper and added 2 more bolts equally spaced apart. It made the hitch much stronger but also made the rear bumper much heavier.

Thanks for the compliment regarding the license plate. When I applied for it, I had no expectation it would actually be available.
When I was told it was, I went ahead and grabbed it, but even with that tag, I suspect it will not prevent some people from asking me what kind of vehicle I am driving.

The back up lights and hitch were already on the van when I bought it so I can't say for sure what the actual sources for either of them were.

The back up lights appear to be very close to ones used on some 1954 Buick's, as well as 1960 through 1966 GM Pick Up Trucks.
'54 Buick [www.ebay.com]
'60-'66 GM Truck [www.ebay.com] / [www.ebay.com]

As for the Trailer Hitch, YES it does make the bumper much heavier but I saw no brand names or marking on it to identify it. I did note that whoever installed it, got it chrome plated or maybe it came that way as an option?

I do have another hitch that appears similar to it but not chrome plated that could potentially see use on my '62 95 Van if I ever get around to it.
That is, if either do not find new homes before then.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2022 04:50AM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:

Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: November 18, 2022 01:55PM

The reverse lights are from 64-66 Chevy Fleetside Pick up. Was going install the same on my R/S and Van.

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: November 19, 2022 05:09AM

The Chevrolet looks just like my no gone 57

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Posted by: antkoto ()
Date: November 19, 2022 06:53PM

I do have one left. PM me if you still need one.

Duane Wentlandt
Member of corsa oregon

Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: November 22, 2022 09:50AM

The "chevrolet" emblem from the shoe boxes is a different size and font that the ones used on the Corvair FC's. Close, but not exact.

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 07:56AM

I have one available, NOS. But I really really do not want to ship it due to its delicate nature. I'm in eastern Pennsylvania. Inquire if interested.

WhyImWhenIm64

Attachments:

Date: November 23, 2022 01:03PM

WhenIm64 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have one available, NOS. But I really really do not want to ship it due to its delicate nature. I'm in eastern Pennsylvania. Inquire if interested.

PM Inquiry sent.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.