Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: looking for tuning suggestions
Posted by: sirsparkalot ()
Date: November 16, 2022 10:32AM

JimBrandberg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I struggle with drippy venturi clusters a lot. You need to look down the carburetor throat at part throttle with the engine running which could not turn out well if it backfires.

venturi doesnt drip.
I swapped carbs over and problem went with it, so have taken off suspect carb and put it on the shelf for the moment, ill await the clarks order to arrive and rebuild the spare carbs i have.
Ill let you guys know what happens next.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DOUG WARD ()
Date: November 16, 2022 05:04PM

When I mentioned how I set the timing, When I said "till it pings" I meant that to be when you gave it full throttle, under load - not pinging at idle. Did you try that ?

Doug Ward
Orange, Calif.
65 Corsa 180, 64 Monza convertible, 61 Lakewood, 61 Monza

Posted by: sirsparkalot ()
Date: November 20, 2022 12:37PM

So I rebuilt the spare carbs with the bits from Clarks, and boom, he's running better than he ever has even without tweaking the timing, but did go on plug colder and regapped to .28

probably will never find out where the problem was with one of the carbs but its behind me now and now at least i can concentrate on final tuning and then start tackling the leak that sees my frunk fill up with rain water whenever it pours.

Really cant thank you guys enough for your help on this.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.