Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Clark's web site - Did I miss some news?
Date: November 14, 2022 01:14PM

Windows 10 Dell Laptop running Google Chrome browser.
Just clicked on Clark's ad in the Left margin here on C.C.F. (www.corvair.com)
and I was directed to Clark's website (ssl.corvair.com) with no problems.

Browser upgrades are moving toward sites with proper SSL (Secure Socket Layer) security.
Another reason we will be running SSL on the upgrade of Corvair Center in the hopefully near future!

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CCF admin ~
CORSA +Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clark's web site - Did I miss some news?
Posted by: PequotMonza64 ()
Date: November 15, 2022 08:38AM

Lane66m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some people have the time and inclinations to get deeply involved with computers and different operating systems. Others just want a quick and easy computer to use. And others want reliability of programs they use and stay with what works.
>
> Can't have everyone do one thing sijnce there are many needs and wants with computers and software's. Also older folks just usually want all the hassle of learning new software. Look at them trying to learn new cars.yozsuh.

I don't expect to convince anyone to change what they are doing with their computers, BUT having experience with BOTH Linux and Windows, I can tell you two things for certain. One is that Linux just works while Windows has all sorts of issues, and that is because Windows is a proprietary system that is designed to benefit the producer of the software financially and benefit the user secondarily. Linux is open source and doesn't play games with your information or your pocketbook. The other is that Windows is absolutely the WORST situation for older people to deal with because there are new potential issues every time you turn your computer on. I am 68, and I work with many people older than I am as an informal computer support resource. Their problems are never that they don't understand how to use the operating system and software and are ALWAYS because the Windows OS has changed some parameter or allowed a third-party to make changes to their setting or the operating system itself. It's not their fault that the Windows OS is neither stable nor predictable and always subject to change.

Add to that rackets like the Geek Squad that continually rip off people and in particular older people. This and other support schemes are scams through and through.

As in other phases of life, if a simpler and more stable system performs all of the necessary functions of a computer and gives you full access to all the functions of the internet, Keep It Simple Stupid or KISS fully applies.

As far as learning new software goes, what new software? All of the browsers function the same whether you use them under Windows or Linux. I understand that individuals have different preferences and specific needs and may want to use a program that's only available in Windows or Apple OS. Personally, all of the image editing, office suite, and browsing software I use in Linux also runs under Windows, and I use it in either OS. Finally, so much of what we do now days really takes place in the cloud which makes choice of operating system increasingly irrelevant. Free open source software with added security and few if any hassles seems like a no brainer to me.

Glen in Ohio
1964 Monza Sedan Powerglide 110 hp
Low mileage survivor, stock as delivered
Records back to 1967 in Pequot Lakes, Minnesota
Original dealer Mike Turk's in East Liverpool, Ohio
Located in Cleveland, Ohio area

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.