Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Clark's web site - Did I miss some news?
Posted by: SteveInMarietta ()
Date: November 14, 2022 03:47AM

I'm being redirected to "ssl.corvair.com" when I try to open the Clarks Corvair site. What's up?
Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clark's web site - Did I miss some news?
Posted by: kmart356 ()
Date: November 14, 2022 03:50AM

Looks like they have been hacked. I was on the legit site last night looking for parts just as usual.

Posted by: arctic_man ()
Date: November 14, 2022 05:01AM

That is the URL that I always use. What did it used to be? Site seems to be fine for me.

64 Spyder
04 Jag XJR
04 Cadillac SRX
05 Grand Cherokee 5.7

Good ole Minnesota

Date: November 14, 2022 05:30AM

I have always used 'www.corvair.com'. Now I get a redirect to "ssl.corvair.com" and a security risk message.
Steve

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: November 14, 2022 05:36AM

Looks like their site wasn't renewed with the domain owner caretaker/holder. Someone at Clark's missed sending in the payment.

Posted by: v8vair ()
Date: November 14, 2022 05:40AM

Working for me

1964 Bill Thomas Monza Replica Racer
1964 Spyder Street Car
1998 Honda Prelude Dirt track car
1967 Crown V8 under construction
Mike Levine
Cumming Georgia
North of Atlanta

Posted by: dryenko ()
Date: November 14, 2022 05:41AM

Drop the www
Use the simple Corvair.com.
Most search engine , like Google, don't need it.
I just tried it and it works fine.
BC

Bob C aka Dryenko
Dobson, NC 27017

Date: November 14, 2022 05:50AM

Whatever was causing the problem now has been fixed at the server side.
Steve

Date: November 14, 2022 06:27AM

link on this side to Clark's is not working for me. Neither is the Jencore link.

Date: November 14, 2022 07:05AM

Yep, it's down again.
Steve

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 14, 2022 08:05AM

OK at 8 am pst

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: November 14, 2022 08:08AM

Just spoke to Clarks, and they were not aware of any problems. While talking to them, I tried a few other browsers and got both good results and an occasional redirect. Having experienced this with my own website, I realized what the problem is and that it will resolve itself within 24 hours. If you are having problems try another browser and it should work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: PequotMonza64 ()
Date: November 14, 2022 08:10AM

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client—typically a web server

[ssl.corvair.com]

This is the address I always use to visit Clark's. It's working properly as usual for me.

I don't think they are having any issues at all.

Glen in Ohio
1964 Monza Sedan Powerglide 110 hp
Low mileage survivor, stock as delivered
Records back to 1967 in Pequot Lakes, Minnesota
Original dealer Mike Turk's in East Liverpool, Ohio
Located in Cleveland, Ohio area

Date: November 14, 2022 08:13AM

SteveInMarietta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have always used 'www.corvair.com'. Now I get a redirect to "ssl.corvair.com" and a security risk message.
> Steve

Steve,

I think the problem is at your end and has to do with your computer settings for "browsing safely" or some such add-on or software setting.

Recent updates?

Glen

Glen in Ohio

Date: November 14, 2022 08:25AM

OK, good to know. Now that I know 'ssl.corvair.com' is not a hack site, I see it works fine. 'www.corvair.com' no longer works in any of my available browsers, so it seem to be obsolete.
Thanks for the feedback.
Steve

Date: November 14, 2022 08:34AM

The link here and the ssl. site both return the Network solutions web screen. So something is still going on. This is on home compter with MS Edge.

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: November 14, 2022 08:49AM

When they added the SSL to the domain it probably changed the IP address, and it takes time for that to populate around the world. Usually, changes such as that take no longer than 24 hours. Once your browser refreshes the IP address, everything should be fine. This is why some browsers will work when others don't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: v8vair ()
Date: November 14, 2022 09:15AM

I’m using the www. And it’s still working

1964 Bill Thomas Monza Replica Racer
1964 Spyder Street Car
1998 Honda Prelude Dirt track car
1967 Crown V8 under construction
Mike Levine
Cumming Georgia
North of Atlanta

Date: November 14, 2022 10:07AM

Lane66m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The link here and the ssl. site both return the Network solutions web screen. So something is still going on. This is on home compter with MS Edge.

Not meaning to start an operating system war here, but that's the problem with using operating systems like Windows that have wide Superuser access to your computer whenever you click on some innocuous-looking box. In Windows, a whole lot of people on the outside have access to your settings and your software simply because at one point or another you granted it to them.

Add to that the fact that Microsoft browsers have routinely over the years added features and permissions that do not adhere to existing international internet standards, and you can end up having problems.

You may not have ever heard of Linux, but that has been my main operating system for years and years. I can also boot my computers into Windows 10 which I sometimes (but rarely) do. Right now, the only thing I use Windows for is running the VIDA program which contains all of the service information, schematics and part numbers for my pre-2000 Volvos. Anything else I want to do, I can do in Linux. No viruses, no trojans, no hard drives filling up with junk, and if I want to change to a different Linux distribution all my original data remains untouched.

Yes, I'm sold on it. It's also a snappy performer on older computers because it uses so many fewer resources to run.

Preach Mode Disengaged

Glen in Ohio

Date: November 14, 2022 11:43AM

Some people have the time and inclinations to get deeply involved with computers and different operating systems. Others just want a quick and easy computer to use. And others want reliability of programs they use and stay with what works.

Can't have everyone do one thing sijnce there are many needs and wants with computers and software's. Also older folks just usually want all the hassle of learning new software. Look at them trying to learn new cars.yozsuh.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.