Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
A Return to Corvairs
Posted by: MoxyRamone ()
Date: November 13, 2022 03:55PM

It's been a few years since I've posted. I gave up on my project in a period of frustration and depression. I sold it, all of my parts, and all of my Corvair specific stuff. I have regretted it for years. Sure, I had other projects in the meantime, but I never stopped thinking about how I was a fool for selling my '64 Monza Convertible. I have decided to get back into the game. I'm selling my 1964 Studebaker Cruiser to fund the purchase of a new (to me) Corvair. Ideally, I would like to buy a 1964 model convertible, but any early vert would be considered. Anyone know of a decent car in the Western NC area?

Ketchup, Mayonnaise, and Mustard... I'll see you in my dreams.

John Carver -- Simpsonville SC

"If you dig it, do it... If you REALLY dig it, do it twice!" - Jim Croce

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Return to Corvairs
Posted by: 110PG ()
Date: November 13, 2022 04:15PM

Welcome back and good luck. Ive left many times thinking that was it just to come right back. I'm giving up and staying in.....I think.

Joe Nelson
Western WI

66 Corsa Turbo CPE
84 380SL
69 Monza CPE (sons car)

Posted by: detroitdude ()
Date: November 13, 2022 05:41PM

Welcome back and good luck on
finding your dream car.
Be patient and find a good one.

Dan Dood
69 Monza Convertible
66 500 Coupe
66 Monza 4 speed
61 Monza 4 door

Detroit, Michigan

Posted by: steve c goodman ()
Date: November 13, 2022 06:27PM

Yet another "welcome back" John. Echoing others before me YES use patience to find the car you will want to fix up and enjoy for a long time.

best wishes, Steve
Rear Engine Spec. Inc. Golden, Colo.

1962 spyder 3.0L turbo---1965 Crown V8
1967 monza 110/4---1968 monza 110/4
1971 amante gt 110/4
CORSA/RMC/PPCC/V8 Registry

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: November 13, 2022 06:51PM

WELCOME BACK!!!

Posted by: DOUG WARD ()
Date: November 13, 2022 07:32PM

Hi John. I've noticed quite a few pretty good deals right here on our forum, in the daily upgraded for sale sticky notes topic. at the top of the menu. Back in the '70's I had a very fast '64 Monza convert that I slalom raced. ( blew the doors off the 911's.) There's a picture of it in my signature line. I still have a half dozen trophies from those days. I am currently restoring a pretty nice '62 Monza convert. It rune beautifly, has no rust , 4 like new Pirelli white walls & 34 K miles. documented.

Doug Ward
Orange, Calif.
65 Corsa 180, 64 Monza convertible, 61 Lakewood, 61 Monza

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: November 13, 2022 07:56PM

Welcome back!! Save yourself the trouble and take your time to find the right rust free car. One will show up. I recall your troubles with rusty ones before. The right one will come along.
Cheers

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: November 13, 2022 07:58PM

Congratulations on returning to your senses. I sold off my Corvair in 2011, then faded out of the board--but I never gave away the large box I'd labeled "Assorted Corvair Crap," and the bug infected me once again in late 2017, leading to a new (To me) purchase of a Corsa Turbo a few months later. It's been a great five years.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: gbullman ()
Date: November 14, 2022 03:04AM

Welcome! Doesn’t seem right for me to say Welcome Back since I got involved sometime during your hiatus.

My first car was a 65 Monza 4 door, 4 speed, 110 HP that gave me wonderful experiences but also had issues I was never able to completely solve. Being a young driver I ran that car into the ground. When I got rid of that car I never expected to own another Corvair, in fact I’m pretty sure I swore I’d never own another one.

Fast forward 40 some years and I’m looking for any manual transmission convertible and my wife finds a good quality 66 Corsa. Car has been well cared for, no rust that I’ve found yet, and is a blast to drive. Definitely bringing back a lot of memories.

I hope you are able to find a car in great shape that you can have fun with and not get bogged down with making it road worthy.

Gary
1966 Corsa Convertible
Northern New Jersey

Posted by: vairmech ()
Date: November 15, 2022 04:05PM

Here is one in VA I think, If you are interested I will get you in touch with the owner.

$20,000 I think, this is the only pic I have of the complete car.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: November 15, 2022 05:22PM

WELCOME BACK John. These vehicles seem to have a certain pull bringing people back to them. I hate to imagine a world without Corvairs. I like to think I can quit anytime. I have owned them since 1977 and have always had them since that time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.