Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
O/T-November 11th Veterans Day
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: November 11, 2022 07:01AM

THANK YOU to all who have served…especially your families!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: O/T-November 11th Veterans Day
Posted by: Gatorfly ()
Date: November 11, 2022 07:11AM

Phil Dally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> THANK YOU to all who have served…especially your families!!

I’ll second that! smileys with beer

San Juan Islands, WA

1966 Corsa Coupe 180/4 Marina Blue/Blue

Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: November 11, 2022 10:08AM

Just finished my free lunch with a bunch of vets I've known since grade school.

Thanks to all who served and thanks to all the places offering these free deals.

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Posted by: bought1 ()
Date: November 11, 2022 03:05PM

Today I had the honor of watching my 18 year old son give opening remarks at the dedication to a new museum exhibit at Putnam Memorial State Park in Redding, Connecticut. During the Revolutionary Way continental troops, including my 5th great grandfather, camped at the site through the long winter months. I was proud to watch my son and see the connection he has to his ancestor and the park. Thanks to all veterans, especially those who helped secure our freedom.

Dave

Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: November 11, 2022 08:21PM

I am always grateful to the other vets - and to others who celebrate my military service. I always prefer it in November - on Veterans Day, rather than in May, on Memorial Day.

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site: [www.perfvair.com]

Located in lovely San Jose, California

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: November 11, 2022 11:09PM

I had the privilege of carrying several Vet's in my Greenbrier in our local Veterans day parade, today.
I also carried the folded flag's from my Father and Uncle again this years parade.
Proud to honor all Vet's.

Corventure Dave

Posted by: zarfnober ()
Date: November 12, 2022 04:36AM

Thanks to all who served, I have always appreciated our military. My dad was a navigator in a B26 in WWII with the Bridge Busters, and maxed out on his missions during the Battle Of The Bulge. Reached the rank of lieutenant. He was so excited to be done that he didn’t even stick around to receive his DFC. Once home, with the war “over”, he signed up for the reserves to get the extra cash. Well that got him called to Korea, the Army Air Corps was now the Air Force, and he again maxed out on missions, mainly classified missions mapping North Korea. Was awarded his second DFC, among other medals. He got cancer in August 2001, and passed 21 years ago today, the 12th, which happened to be the celebrated Veterans Day, as the 11th was on a Sunday in 2001. I found that a fitting day to go for one of thousands of men and women that freed the world, truly the greatest generation.

Thanks again to all of our vets here, and on topic, he loved the Corvair too.

Rocco

Posted by: red monza ()
Date: November 12, 2022 07:55AM

Most of the time we Vets get a forced uncomfortable "Thank you for your service", its like they are reading from a script, especially from business firms. But yesterday, my future "going to handle my affairs one day" for the 1st time in 12 years said with true feeling "Thank you Jimmy for serving our country". I was totally surprised and it made my day and made me proud of my service.

Posted by: Early Guy ()
Date: November 13, 2022 04:03PM

I had a similar pride of service moment a few weeks ago at the Mecum auction here in the Chicago area. I was checking out the vehicles outside which had already sold, when I spotted a 3/4 ton army truck. As I was looking it over a group of 3 young boys, maybe 14 or 15 years old, came over to check it out. One of them seemed especially interested in the truck. I said to him I had driven one just like this in Vietnam. Without missing a beat he said with sincerity Thank you for your service.

Ray Johnson Villa Park IL 63 Spyder Conv. 140 EFI

Date: November 13, 2022 06:43PM

When I see someone in uniform on the street I actually prefer, "Keep up the good work."

Posted by: wittsend ()
Date: November 17, 2022 10:19AM

"Service" can range from those who voluntarily chose to put themselves in harms way in a distant land to those who were offered joining the military - or jail, and have Stateside tasks similar to working in a warehouse.

My brother did two tours of duty in Vietnam as a MP dog handler and then river boat patrol. It was my understanding that it was the first time MP's were used in active fighting as opposed to maintaining order in occupied areas. When I saw the movie "Apocalypse Now" I had a greater understanding of what he dealt with on the river boats. I am very proud of his bravery.

I graduated high school in 1975. With the draft ended, Vietman ended and a hamstring surgery that required healing any thought I had of being involved with the military drifted away. In my 60's now and a watcher the History and Military channels I have a new found appreciation for those gave so much, in many cases their lives. I had an option in life that others never did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***'61 Lakewood, a "Freebie" in hibernation for 27 years - In the process of applying CPR.***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2022 11:41AM by 1966-Corsa-GT-180.

Date: November 17, 2022 10:24AM

My former Crew Chief ran the 50 on a Swift Boat in Vietnam.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.