Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Corvair Parts Liquidation
Posted by: markaxamit ()
Date: September 27, 2022 07:29AM

Well, I have all the cars and parts I want, and I am trying my best to be retired! I have amassed approximately 1000 Corvair parts that have been sorted, identified and pictured with a corresponding number.
All these parts are in storage bins in one of my buildings here in Cottonwood, AZ.
I would like to get these parts back into circulation. These are good useable parts and are what I would term as common, meaning they are not N.O.S. There is very little if any new, mostly used.
I would rather not spend the countless hours necessary to post these parts one at a time on Ebay. I am now learning that Facebook wants a fee as well. I am not a super techie.
That being said, I need to know if there are options for selling these parts I may not have information on? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mark Aksamit Cottonwood, AZ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corvair Parts Liquidation
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: September 27, 2022 08:42AM

California Corvairs and Mike's Corvair Parts (also in California) sometimes buy parts. You could also contact clubs to get the word out.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: September 27, 2022 09:22AM

Write an ad in Corsa like:

$1 a year -- rust free ... like GM made them --- original best.

winking smiley

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Posted by: PequotMonza64 ()
Date: September 27, 2022 09:38AM

Mark, if you also have a list of the parts, you could post it here or post a link to the list here.

Glen in Ohio
1964 Monza Sedan Powerglide 110 hp
Low mileage survivor, stock as delivered
Records back to 1967 in Pequot Lakes, Minnesota
Original dealer Mike Turk's in East Liverpool, Ohio
Located in Cleveland, Ohio area

Posted by: VairKing ()
Date: September 27, 2022 12:22PM

If I had 1000s of parts to sell, I would start a new thread here. I would make a master list of the parts in Google documents, that would be edited as items sell. Each item would have a code next to it, like A-1, A-2, B-1, B-2 and so forth. In Google documents I would have folders for each A, B etc that would have a picture or two of the item. I would also store the items in containers labeled A, B, etc so I could find them easily once they sell.

If I really wanted to be selling the parts, I would ask people to make offers on the items they want, give "bundle" pricing deals, etc, to make the stuff move. Setting prices on common items can make them sit forever and eventually be scrapped if the price is too high. People making offers will get the parts moving again.

This site does not charge any fees for selling things, but is more "manual".

Posted by: ihscomputers ()
Date: September 27, 2022 03:28PM

Scott Morehead AKA Corvair Farmer has an ad in the Communique as follows:

"Downsizing isn't relegating your parts to the salvage yard.

It is your legacy of recycling to the beloved Corvair community.

Call us when it is time.

moreheadscott@yahoo.com

843-478-4223

Buying used / NOS parts."

Dean F. Gemberling
Columbus, Georgia
Heart of Georgia Corvair Club Webmaster
Springfest Webmaster

1963 Rampside w/305 V8 - Built by Ken Arnold in 1998

Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: September 27, 2022 03:35PM

You could start by bring a load of parts to the Fan Belt Toss in about a month.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: September 27, 2022 08:50PM

I forgot one:

"Be Genuine"

I'm amazed you got it sorted and organized!

Ryan's suggestion sounds interesting, but also not techie, so what's Google Document? Would he post the document in the post and people could read the document?

Mark, I take it the "sorted, identified and pictured with a corresponding number." means a digital document exists?

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Date: September 27, 2022 10:00PM

Mark,
PM sent.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CCF admin ~
CORSA +Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: VairKing ()
Date: September 28, 2022 05:03AM

Frank DuVal Wrote:

> Ryan's suggestion sounds interesting, but also not techie, so what's Google Document? Would he post the document in the post and people could read the document?

A Google document (or spreadsheet) is a document (like Microsoft Word but slightly different) that is hosted on Google's server in your Google account, and shared with anyone you want (anyone who has the link). You can edit at any time and anybody viewing it will also see the edits made. So if something was sold, you would mark it sold and anyone viewing the list would see the update in real time.

Google Docs is really handy if you have something that multiple people are working on, as you can add permissions to edit and more than one person can work on it at a time. We used this several times in college for group projects.

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: September 28, 2022 06:22AM

You already know this but the Fan Belt Toss is your best bet to move a lot of the stuff quickly and easily without shipping but you must price it to move or risk hauling it all back home. I gave away literally tubs and tubs of parts last year on Saturday afternoon to the guy next to me so that at least they might get sold to another Corvair owner some day.

If you recall the big estate sell-off at the Corvair Corral in Apache Junction last May, things were auctioning for stupid low prices because no one wants huge piles of parts to deal with. Plenty of people were there to buy but bids were extremely low unless the parts were NOS or rare items that were easy to ship. Only then did the bidding seem reasonable. A complete Wayne 100 boat and trailer went for $50. Over 40 complete engines sold for under a few bucks each. Mostly complete parts cars were selling for $30-$40 and some did not sell at all with an opening bid of $20.

A whole lot of people are aging out of the Corvair hobby/business and it's only going to get busier as I see more and more stockpile clearances going on in the last few years.

Maybe Joel need some parts for those 138 Corvairs he has been accumulating in Texas. grinning smiley
[corvaircenter.com]

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Posted by: wittsend ()
Date: September 28, 2022 09:35AM

"A whole lot of people are aging out of the Corvair hobby/business and it's only going to get busier as I see more and more stockpile clearances going on in the last few years."

It isn't just Corvairs. Over on the Studebaker website most of those guys are 70's-90's. But it is the same thing. Guy wants premium price for items, they don't sell, wife sells for scrap when he's gone.

"If I really wanted to be selling the parts, I would ask people to make offers on the items they want, give "bundle" pricing deals, etc, to make the stuff move. Setting prices on common items can make them sit forever and eventually be scrapped if the price is too high. People making offers will get the parts moving again."

"You already know this but the Fan Belt Toss is your best bet to move a lot of the stuff quickly and easily without shipping but you must price it to move or risk hauling it all back home."

This is the reality of the hobby. Otherwise it will get to the point where there and nothing but guys sitting around on their box of parts talking about what (they thought) they COULD HAVE gotten for them. Every year I go to the Mopar Spring/Fall Flings in Van Nuys. There was a guy selling tools and his business model was "make a pile and I'll give you a price." He always moved a LOT of product. Then there is the guy who is there year after year waiting (perhaps in vain) for the ONE GUY to pay a premium price.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***'61 Lakewood, a "Freebie" in hibernation for 27 years - In the process of applying CPR.***

Posted by: markaksamit ()
Date: September 28, 2022 02:10PM

Rex, I will have as much parts as I can bring!
Thanks for checking in!
Mark

Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: September 28, 2022 03:02PM

I will see you there.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.