Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Needed - Exhaust tubing for garage WTB
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: September 19, 2022 08:21PM

Hey all,

Winter will be here before I know it, which means working projects from inside the garage, which means needing to deal with exhaust fumes.

I know some people run a tube from the car tailpipe to the outside, but what sort of tube and where do I find one? Obviously it needs to be able to withstand ths amount of heat which would otherwise melt it, and it needs to be sealed enough to stop fumes from backing out of it.

Thanks again,

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Needed - Exhaust tubing for garage WTB
Posted by: Skizz ()
Date: September 20, 2022 01:29AM

Here are a bunch of ideas.
[www.google.com]

64 Monza Vert
64 Spyder Vert
2002 Chev 1500
1996 Impalla SS
Eastern NC

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: September 20, 2022 04:40AM

Make sure you have a tight fit to your tailpipe. Or use a puller fan in the system to pull exhaust away from tailpipe and push it down the vent tube you use. Keep the system in good condition and leak free. Also ensure your exhaust system is leak free before running in the closed garage.

Add A Carbon Monoxide detector to the garage. Maybe one each side of the car.

For the hose system, get an approved exhaust hose used in garages. Add a vent to garage wall close to where exhaust tailpipe will be. Option to put fan in wall to help evacuate fumes. Keep hose short and add a ramp over it so it can't be kicked off the tailpipe.

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: September 20, 2022 04:54AM

I use this metal flex pipe from Walker but I still don't run inside a fully enclosed garage no matter what the weather. I got mine through Amazon.

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Attachments:

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: September 20, 2022 02:52PM

Every once in a while I see some used hoses become available when a Service Station or Garage closes down or cleans out stuff but it is rare to see them.

They can be bought new in different diameters but the 2" or 2 1/2" version would probably best meet your needs.
Check with your local NAPA store or a local "Real" Auto parts store as I doubt the "Big Box" employees would have a clue.

This NEW one of flea bay has a 2" inside diameter and is 11' long and has a sales price of only $129.95 Plus $14.99 Shipping from Galloway, Ohio.

Seller information: 5-starproducts-usa1 (9288) 98.6% Positive feedback
eBay item number: 143199911598 [www.ebay.com]
Listed as.."2" x 11' L Exhaust Fumes Ventilation Hose Garage Door Rubber Vent Tube Tail Pipe"

Exhaust Fumes Ventilation Hose

Designed to connect the vehicle’s exhaust pipe to a central exhaust system or a garage door vent. Features an accordion-type design for added flexibility.

The convoluted design has been specifically formulated to handle 600ºF temperatures. The hose, which does not contain a wire helix, returns back to its' original shape if "crushed" by any vehicles or other machinery. This hose is ideal for applications where the hose may be left on the floor or used in underground applications.

One end of the hose has a Flared End, so that the hose can easily be connected to additional hoses to create longer lengths without any special connections by simply screwing the smaller male end into the larger female end.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2022 02:55PM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: September 20, 2022 09:35PM

Thanks for these leads guys.

Smart detail about the CO detector, too.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.