Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Remember those Corvair-shaped thumb drives? Well....
Posted by: Allan Lacki ()
Date: September 13, 2022 12:33PM

Everybody,

I see a number of posts here about a "Corvair forum". Can you tell us which one? There is the Corvair Center Forum (this one), the Corvair Forum, VirtualVairs, and about a dozen Corvair-related pages and groups on Facebook. There is also a merchandise page on the Corvair Society of America's (CORSA) website where we sell thumb drives.

As a CORSA director, I want to make sure that folks who order merchandise at our website (www.corvair.org) are getting a square deal. I'm sure the rest of the officers at CORSA feel the same way.

Allan Lacki smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: September 13, 2022 12:52PM

Thank you for looking out for us Allan!!

Posted by: Paulsgt ()
Date: September 13, 2022 02:08PM

I bought a "yellow" and a blue one from Steve a few years back. They are both still working fine.

I can say that CORSA did put the Tech guide on a similar Corvair thumb drive but the 1st batch contained a virus so they were re-made. Everyone that ordered one of those should now have it. I don't have any information on the non-tech guide Corvair thumb drives. You might check with Jerry Brown (CORSA merchandise guy).

As far as Tee shirts go, CORSA has a new vendor of apparel and some cool new designs. We have outsourced the fulfillment of this apparel and it is awesome. You can find it on the CORSA web site www.Corvair.org.

Enjoy the Corvair!

Paul Sergeant
CORSA Central Division Director / CORSA Treasurer
Lee's Summit, MO
CORSA since 1975
Member – HACOA, Corvair Minnesota, CORSA, Little Indians, POCI

Posted by: mrhvair ()
Date: September 13, 2022 08:11PM

The flash drives offered by CORSA were red and blue in color. The red one contained technical guide 1-4 only. The Blue one is just a standard flash drive. no other flash drive has ever been offered by CORSA. If you bought one off the internet then it is not a Corsa product

I am seeing ones of various colors, they are not a Corsa product offering.

Posted by: Allan Lacki ()
Date: September 14, 2022 06:30AM

Just a quick correction... That first batch of those CORSA thumb drives containing the Corvair Tech Guides did NOT contain a virus. Technically, they worked fine, but the tech articles were scrambled so they were very hard to follow.

So, Mike Hall worked with our supplier and all the defective ones were replaced with good ones. The good ones are still available for sale on the CORSA website at www.corvair.org, but you have to log-in first. Alternatively, you can call Paul Bergstrom at the CORSA office to buy some. (630) 403-5010. grinning smiley

Posted by: Paulsgt ()
Date: September 14, 2022 01:18PM

Thanks for the correct information Mike and Allan!

I was hoping someone would jump in and correct me. CRS these days!

Enjoy the Corvair!

Paul Sergeant
CORSA Central Division Director / CORSA Treasurer
Lee's Summit, MO
CORSA since 1975
Member – HACOA, Corvair Minnesota, CORSA, Little Indians, POCI

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: September 14, 2022 02:34PM

Allan got to the bottom of my missing item. Seems my order came in just as the defective ones were discovered, and my order got lost in the shuffle. Such is life - what ya gonna do? I guess since the squeaky wheel gets the grease, I'll have to squeak a little more often.

Thank you Allan for getting it all fixed!

-Mark

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: September 17, 2022 06:52PM

Vive la CORSA!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.