Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Packard 56 Electrical Connectors - Info
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: August 23, 2022 05:46AM

I posted on the Team Camaro website a lot of info that would be useful to new Corvair owners about working with Packard 56 Connectors and terminals, I will start with the terminals and housings. The 1st post is general info. The 2nd post is the removal tool. 3rd post are crimping tools. 4th post is some basic crimping info.

I hope someone finds it useful here on this forum.

[www.camaros.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Packard 56 Electrical Connectors - Info
Posted by: corvairdoug ()
Date: August 23, 2022 06:43AM

great info, Thanks!

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: August 24, 2022 08:20AM

I have seen some Packard 56 terminals that are tin plated. Don't buy them because they are too hard to make a secure sealing of the wiring. Most people think of tin as sheet metal, however, it is a hard white metal that is one of the components of solder, lead being the other. It was originally used to coat steel cans to prevent rust and spoilage of the food inside the can and that is the origin of the "tin can".
Mac Tools has an excellent tool for crimping these connectors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: August 24, 2022 01:10PM

Could not finish the whole read but I will definitely come back.

Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.