Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Wagon Rear Seat Bumper ?
Posted by: toms73novass ()
Date: August 18, 2022 12:35PM

Has anyone ordered the bumper pictured. It sits on top of the upside down "L".

I know C92R, from Clarks, is the bumpers for the back board when the seat is lowered. I am not sure if it also uses C92R from clarks. They appear to be larger, but I can not find a listing.

Thanks

-Tom

63' Monza Spyder Convertable (in process) MY Build Thread
62' Wagon rebuild MY Build Thread
65' Monza MY Build Thread
73' NovaSS 454 Big block (Sold)
86' BMW 325es
67' UltraVan 211 "Violet"
NFCC, UMCC
Grand Island, NY

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wagon Rear Seat Bumper ?
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: August 18, 2022 12:56PM

Have you try a google search for Chevy round rubber bumper stops. Look in images to see what you find. Might be something of the right diameter and height somewheres.

Posted by: SpyderMan ()
Date: August 18, 2022 04:14PM

Tom the second picture you posted is my from my 62, C10956 are the two little ones for the filler panel when the seat is up. I don't see any that look like the ones I have do you want me to measure one for you? You could print one out of the softer filament?

Sam Russell
Durham NC
1962 Monza Wagon Ted Brown EFI Gen II
1964 Spyder coupe

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: August 19, 2022 06:15AM

I happen to have some NOS ones sitting on my desk that I pulled from my stash of parts for my 1962 BelAir wagon. They came in an assortment of colors, black, grey, & tan. Same part number on the part, just different colors. No explanation of color in the parts book. If I find any more than the 2 that I need, I will let you know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Date: August 19, 2022 06:20AM

Sam, If you could send me the diameter and height that would work.

Also, yes you are correct C10956 is the back board bumper. I may have answer my own question C92R might be the bumper.

Thanks
Tom

-Tom

86' BMW 325es
NFCC, UMCC
Grand Island, NY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2022 06:24AM by toms73novass.

Date: August 19, 2022 06:23AM

5/8" high 1" diameter at the bottom 3/4" at the top.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Date: August 19, 2022 08:47AM

Thanks, Junk. thumbs up

-Tom

86' BMW 325es
NFCC, UMCC
Grand Island, NY

Posted by: SpyderMan ()
Date: August 19, 2022 08:13PM

Thanks junk you beat me. GGG

Sam Russell
Durham NC
1962 Monza Wagon Ted Brown EFI Gen II
1964 Spyder coupe

Date: August 22, 2022 03:54PM

I just spoke to Cal, and Part number C10956 is the correct part number for that bumper. I can't tell from the catalog picture if it has the same taper, but it does look like it will work. I doubt that anyone would know the difference.

Posted by: gregb ()
Date: August 22, 2022 04:56PM

I bought those for our wagon and they might work OK but they are no where near close to the originals, much smaller.

Gregb

Alberta Canada
61 Canadian Lakewood
62 Spyder Triple Black Convertible
65 Corsa Coupe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.