Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Stinger YS 095
Posted by: Early Guy ()
Date: August 06, 2022 10:52PM

I'm looking for some history on Stinger YS 095. I was the 3rd or 4th owner I bought it in 1971 here in the Chicago area, and sold it to Joe Burch in Texas in 1976. According to the Charlie Doerge book it's changed owners many times since then. The current owner is James Reeve who I talked at length with at the Atlanta Convention last month. When I owned it, and before, it was a street Stinger, I believe stage III. Here is my question do any of you know who converted it to a race car and when?

Ray Johnson Villa Park IL 63 Spyder Conv. 140 EFI

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stinger YS 095
Posted by: Early Guy ()
Date: August 07, 2022 10:19PM

I just received an email from James Reeve, pointing me to a for sale ad on Jeff Moore's website ( autoarch.com ) with an extensive history of YS095. Great ad lots of information and great pictures. So now I know who converted it to a full race car, Kieth Young of Young Chevrolet, Dallas, but I would like to know when the conversion was done.

Ray Johnson Villa Park IL 63 Spyder Conv. 140 EFI

Re: Stinger YS 095
Posted by: texas yenko dude ()
Date: August 08, 2022 10:34AM

I have had my finger in that car since it was at One Corvair Place (Joe Burch’s). I can fill you in on the history of the conversion of a Dp car and then later when we converted into GT-3. Send me a PM with your email and I can send it to you that way.

Texas YENKO Dude
YS-070
YS-199
YS-320
Southeast of Disorder

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.