Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
F/S: 68 Am/FM Radio
Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: August 05, 2022 04:04PM

68 AM/FM radio. Has the correct ribbed push buttons and dates for 1968.
If memory servers me correctly the ribbed push buttoms started in '67.
Techincally its the same radio for 67-69. Will also fit 65 and 66 but would not
be "correct" due to the push buttons. Fit and function all the same. Radio powers up but needs to be serviced.
Only plays on AM and the string that rolls the dial over needs to be replaced or re attached.
Everyting moves the way it should with the exception to rolling over of the dial face. Pointer moves, push buttons are free, pre sets set and are resetable. All knob shafts move freely.

$325 plus shipp.

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Attachments:

Re: F/S: 68 Am/FM Radio
Posted by: flat_six ()
Date: August 05, 2022 10:44PM

Can the buttons be changed and replaced with those from a 65-66 AM radio?

I'm not in the market, but think that might make this one have a broader appeal.

Date: August 05, 2022 11:12PM

Tgey can be. But the value is in those buttons.

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: August 06, 2022 05:17AM

Marco_a_p Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They can be. But the value is in those buttons.

For comparison purposes only.

A few weeks ago I managed to purchase a NON Working 1965-66 Factory AM/FM Radio.
Later a friend informed me the radio has some of the unique wiring for a Multiplex unit which I was unaware of when I bought it.
The seller said when it was removed, all it did was make static sounds.
The asking price was extremely reasonable for a "Core" radio so I purchased it.
My thoughts are to maybe clean it up and have it fitted with a more updated AM/FM Stereo unit and add a USB compatible port and maybe Bluetooth function.
More likely though, the radio will sit on a shelf in my garage for years before I actually do something with it, or someone convinces me to let them have it.
NO this is not intended to be an opportunity for me to advertise it as available. Should that time arrive, I would post it separately.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2022 05:26AM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:

Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: August 06, 2022 07:57AM

That wiring looks more like what would be used for a rear seat speaker. I believe the multi-plex has a round multi pin connector.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: August 06, 2022 08:10AM

Right, Rex! The multiplex unit connects to the 9 pin connector on the bottom. You (both of you) show the bypass connector in place that lets the radio run as a mono unit. If that bypass is missing, and it often is, I have the Sams Photofact on it and can provide the pinout to make a bypass plug.

The flat three terminal connector is the standard speaker power connector (just look at where it connects to the radio, same connector) with the rear seat speaker fader installed. Still Mono, but works great. AN AUX can be added without destroying the original internals of the radio. A few capacitors replaced and it should play like new (either radio).

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Date: August 06, 2022 12:32PM

7 pin jumper plug in 65-66. 67-69 is 9 pin

Marco

Mesquite NV 89024

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: August 06, 2022 01:55PM

RexJohnson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That wiring looks more like what would be used for a rear seat speaker. I believe the multi-plex has a round multi pin connector.

My initial thought was that those wire were probably related to the rear seat speaker.
The individual that told me it was something else actually has a late coupe with a multiplex. I figured he might know better than I do.

We are all human and mistakes are inevitable from time to time, even from the well seasoned enthusiast.confused smiley

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.