Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
LED tail lights
Posted by: keller ()
Date: August 05, 2022 08:59AM

Is anyone making and selling LED tail lights for our early model cars.
I have LED bulbs now, that are better than the 1157's but looking for
better lighting.

Re: LED tail lights
Posted by: NittanyZ ()
Date: August 07, 2022 05:18AM

Contact corvairleds@gmail.com Bought a set at convention. These are assemblies not traditional bulbs. Used before and work great. Makes them for early and late models. Makes backup light and turn signal assembles but will need some fuse protection. Not needed for taillight/turn signal only setup. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Posted by: David Malcolm ()
Date: August 07, 2022 05:53AM

Problem is most LED replacements have the chips only along the sides. In our sockets the end sticking toward the lens has no light. I changed my out a couple of years ago and after much searching found 1157 replacements with a LED chip/lens that points towards the rear. Also painted sockets white. You'll probably need to change the flasher(s) also.
Super Bright Leds shows several.

David Malcolm
1969 Monza PG Coupe
NJ near the Meadowlands

Attachments:
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: August 07, 2022 12:16PM

David, please post a picture of your Taillight assemblies.
All of mine have the bulb pointing straight up, not out towards the rear. confused smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: August 07, 2022 05:35PM

American Mel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> David, please post a picture of your Taillight assemblies.
> All of mine have the bulb pointing straight up, not out towards the rear. confused smiley

Early vs late.

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: August 07, 2022 06:31PM

NittanyZ Wrote:
> Contact corvairleds@gmail.com Bought a set at convention. These are assemblies not traditional bulbs. Used before and work great. Makes them for early and late models. Makes backup light and turn signal assembles but will need some fuse protection. Not needed for taillight/turn signal only setup. Hope this is what you are looking for.

I bought a set from this guy at the convention for my FC. They were really, really hard to get the male socket into the female housing due to how the FCs have everything sunk in there. Took me significant time to get them in, working correctly. Look great once done! Not sure I'll ever be able to get them back out!

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: August 07, 2022 11:45PM

FLSteve Wrote:
> American Mel Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > David, please post a picture of your Taillight assemblies.
> > All of mine have the bulb pointing straight up, not out towards the rear. confused smiley
>
> Early vs late.

that was what I first thought, . . . . . . . . . . . .then I looked at his sig-line. confused smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: August 08, 2022 05:58AM

In one of my other Corvairs (the Autocross Car) I use a bulb similar to the pic above, but look like this one:
[auxito.com]

Yes, it has a directional 'end' to it, but lights up the lens plenty bright, and doesnt look weird (like the top half is brighter, or anything).

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: David Malcolm ()
Date: August 08, 2022 06:55AM

Yes its an LM and they're up (aging is no fun). I do have the clear parking light lenses with turn backs and they point out.

David Malcolm
1969 Monza PG Coupe
NJ near the Meadowlands

Posted by: rraldana76 ()
Date: August 15, 2022 06:43AM

Hi everyone, I have attached a link to the PDF file with all the lights that I manufacture for all Corvairs. Please feel free to shoot me an Email with any questions in regards to the lights corvairleds@gmail.com

[drive.google.com]

Ricardo
Corvair LEDs

Attachments:

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: August 15, 2022 07:20AM

I used JDM LED amber/white 1157 bulbs in front. Also JDM LED 1157 red 1157 in tail lights. I used LED 1156 100 watt for backup lights.

Only thing I did was drill holes in rear light housings to position bulbs horizontally. Plug old hoses with sheet metal plugs and sealant.

They look great day & night. If any fail, it is quick to change. Ju azad t like the OEM bulbs. Typical cost is about $30 a pair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2022 07:22AM by Lane66m.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.