Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
two Corvairs for sale in Los Gatos, CA
Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: July 31, 2022 08:58PM

Two Corvairs for sale (cheap) in the Los Gatos hills -Just off Highway 17 near the summit. 8 miles out of San Jose. Both have been parked outside for many years, and show it. Owner passed away. Family is cleaning out the residence. First - A 1965 Corsa Turbo Coupe Original 180 motor still installed. I have seen the car and can answer some questions. Los Angeles built. Car has a little crunch in the right front corner, and has a bunch of surface rust - see photos. Lots of other residents have lived there. (Rat @#$%&) and will take a complete redo/cleanout. Car has a telescoping steering column. Might have other options, see the body plate photo. Second car - A 1966 Monza Convertible Original 140 motor still installed. Carbs covered over when stored. Has a PG transmission and bumper guards F&R, engine compartment light. I have seen the car and can answer some questions. Los Angeles built. Car has no visible body damage but has windshield rust - see photos. Again, there is evidence of other residents having lived there. (Rat @#$%&) and will take a redo/cleanout. Might have other options, see the body plate photo. (Hard to read, I know. California Title is now clean (I am told). It will have to be towed, likely flat-bedded. $1000 or offer. Contact me via E-mail at "sethracer@aol.com" and I will put you in touch.

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site: [www.perfvair.com]

Located in lovely San Jose, California

Attachments:

Re: two Corvairs for sale in Los Gatos, CA
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: August 01, 2022 02:12PM

This just came up.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 01, 2022 09:09PM

yep - Put it there, too. It is my hope that a Corvair person will bite the bullet and take either or both of the cars. I would hate to see them just hauled off to the crusher. I have no financial interest in either of the cars. I am just a softee! It also causes me to contemplate what will happen to all my Corvair stuff someday.

Seth Emerson

Posted by: Mike Stillwell ()
Date: August 02, 2022 05:51PM

The convertible is a power top car too. Glad it’s not close.

Mike
YS-117

Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: August 02, 2022 10:06PM

Seth Emerson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
It also causes me to contemplate what will happen to all my Corvair stuff someday.

I know the feeling. After my lung infection - I took stock of things and their importance. It's why I have decided to try to find homes for the Corvair parts cars I have. To put them to good use and hopefully help other Corvair owners, while I have a say and still can do something.

Don't get me wrong. I'm fine! It just got me to rethink some things and what is most important to us.

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: August 02, 2022 10:38PM

Is that $1000 for the pair?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 138 Corvairs and counting...

Date: August 03, 2022 05:45AM

joelsplace Wrote:
> Is that $1000 for the pair?

Joel, You're not thinking of getting them are you? ggg

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: August 03, 2022 06:36AM

Ya never know...

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 138 Corvairs and counting...

Date: August 03, 2022 09:31AM

joelsplace Wrote:
> Ya never know...

LOL

Come for a visit and bring your trailer I mean multi car transporter and you can pick from the ones I have.
I'd rather they go to good use.

Posted by: Denisschoen ()
Date: August 03, 2022 10:29AM

I'm talking to the owners now on logistics of getting the cars.

1962 Rampside
1961 Greenbrier
Northern California

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: August 03, 2022 08:56PM

Whoever buys the 1966 should buy my air-conditioned 1966 convertible for the A/C parts before I chop it up for scrap, and sell its parts off

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: RobertC ()
Date: August 03, 2022 11:30PM

junkman Wrote:
> Whoever buys the 1966 should buy my air-conditioned 1966 convertible for the A/C parts before I chop it up for scrap, and sell its parts off

3000 miles (near San Jose, CA) makes that idea a bit uneconomic...

Date: August 04, 2022 06:20AM

RobertC Wrote:
> junkman Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Whoever buys the 1966 should buy my air-conditioned 1966 convertible for the A/C parts before I chop it up for scrap, and sell its parts off
>
> 3000 miles (near San Jose, CA) makes that idea a bit uneconomic...

I agree! But hey, I would take it out there for Fuel cost ONLY - based on receipts. NO joke!
I understand it might not be practical. But it would start from first fill up to I arrive and fill up there.
It would have to be CASH - Half up front and the rest on delivery.

I want to visit my good / dear friend Rod, in Tuolumne CA, who is 80.
I would also like to be able to visit Kindig it Design on the way there or back.

It would be nice to also visit:
Owen in KS
Friends in CO
Ken Hand in MI, on the way back home - as I pass by his place anyways.
And other people / places - as I always try to fit some enjoyment into my trips when I can. GRIN

BTW - I recently removed the sleeper and replaced the seal between the cab and sleeper box with a more permanent one.
Yippee - No more noise or leaks. (BIG learning curve with this build.)
I also made the temporary wooden rails, to help keep DOT off my back, until my friend Kevin can make the metal ones I want.

AC was fixed Tuesday by a Mobile AC guy who came to the shop where my truck is at.
Still waiting on the shop to do the following: oil and filter change, Trans service, replace differential fluid with Synthetic, inspect all brakes, adjust rears, and install a new MC.

Then I get it back and I install the following that arrived yesterday and it is ready for full time use:
Oh, I hope to have the other sleeper box painted to match, either this winter or next. Now that I have learned what not to do with the first sleeper box install.

I can't keep up with Joel. I can only haul one at a time. Grin & LOL

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2022 06:25AM by OttawaCorvairGuy.

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: August 11, 2022 04:06PM

Did these 2 Corvairs sell? I tried reaching out to the owners but was not successful.

Posted by: Denisschoen ()
Date: August 12, 2022 10:48AM

I have spoken to the owner about the cars and am waiting for a reply.

1962 Rampside
1961 Greenbrier
Northern California

Date: September 07, 2022 10:18PM

These cars have been sold. - They left this week.

Seth Emerson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.