Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Re: engine tins
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: August 02, 2022 04:07AM

But it will reverse itself during in town stop and go driving. So you get the odors, dirt/road trash kick up and the engine overheating. Corvairs were designed for all around evryday use driving, all wather conditions, not just at high speed.

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: August 02, 2022 05:00AM

Lane66m beat me to it. Idling in traffic is where the recirculating air really becomes a problem.

I don't have perimeter shrouding on my road racing car where it is underway all the time. I'm curious what other road racers do. I just did what my hero Jon Brakke did.
I am very careful to have the little corner shrouds extend down enough so the air gets all the way through the cylinder head fins. The fronts go down enough even after you cut the hose duct away, the rears need little extensions if the exit ducts are removed.
I understand air flow through the engine is especially tricky in a mid-engine car with all the under chassis airflow when underway. Who knows what's going on under there at speed. But I digress...

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Posted by: redrocket ()
Date: August 02, 2022 12:22PM

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post. Great feed back. I now have the info on the Corvair Ranch and will be reaching out to them. One last question, has anyone used the electric fan replacement over the top engine shroud?

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: August 02, 2022 10:50PM

redrocket Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want to thank everyone who responded to my post. Great feed back. I now have the info on the Corvair Ranch and will be reaching out to them. One last question, has anyone used the electric fan replacement over the top engine shroud?

eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley

Oh Brother!

Are we really going to have this discussion, . . . . . AGAIN ? ! ? ! ? ! ? hot smiley

If you absolutely must do something other than stock, just buy the Nash-Fan. cool smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: irfgt ()
Date: August 03, 2022 02:09PM

Has anyone actually had an overheating problem after removing the side shields and reinstalling them cured it? I bet not!

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: August 04, 2022 04:46AM

irfgt wrote:
"Has anyone actually had an overheating problem after removing the side shields and reinstalling them cured it? I bet not!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For some reason the song "Traditions" from "Fiddler On The Roof" came to mind.

20 years ago a fellow showed up at a Corvair Minnesota drive-in meeting with no perimeter shrouds on a LM turbo. The old timers jumped all over him about his sins and indiscretion and we never saw him again.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.