Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Corvair Basics Book
Posted by: David Malcolm ()
Date: July 29, 2022 08:05AM

Is this still in print? Wanted to recommend it to a person interested in getting into Corvairs but used copies on the net seem to start at $75 and go as high as $350.

David Malcolm
1969 Monza PG Coupe
NJ near the Meadowlands

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corvair Basics Book
Date: July 29, 2022 08:50AM

It is a CORSA publication.
Go to the CORSA website here:
https://www.corvair.org/index.php/component/hikashop/product/57-corvair-basics-book-cd-set

Looks like it's available for sale.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CCF admin ~
CORSA +Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Date: July 29, 2022 11:02AM

Thanks, hadn't found it when I looked at CORSA page. I'd like to sell a few copies for $350 each.grinning smiley

David Malcolm
1969 Monza PG Coupe
NJ near the Meadowlands

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: July 29, 2022 01:13PM

I remember CORSA giving them away for free to new members.

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: July 29, 2022 01:28PM

I have an extra copy. PM me, If interested in it. I won't ask for the $75 or even up to the $350. Definitely lower than $75.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2022 01:30PM by Lane66m.

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: July 29, 2022 04:41PM

Today only $74.95

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 138 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: wittsend ()
Date: July 29, 2022 06:08PM

If you think Corvair book prices have gone up... . In the early 1990's a man named Norman Miller wrote the definitive book on the Sunbeam Tiger. He had 1,000 copies printed and said he struggled to sell them at $50 ea. Eventually they all sold out and he went back to the printer..., who had gone out of business and all the plates had been destroyed.

At that point Miller declined to have any more books printed (nor approve of digital copies). The price escalated and in one EBAY bidding war two buyers drove the price up to $3,455! With that rare exception the going rate the past 10 or so years is about $1,500. If you are wondering, yes, I got a copy when it was a mere $310.

While it is the definitive book on Tigers about 65% of it is an outdated registry. If you are one to browse auto books keep your eye out. Nothing would clue you in by the cover. The catchy title is named after the author - "The Book of Norman."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***'61 Lakewood, a "Freebie" in hibernation for 27 years - In the process of applying CPR.***

Date: July 30, 2022 06:09AM

Thanks all I have my copy. The info was for a guy who had expressed interest in the car I'm selling but was "clueless" about Corvairs. His wife ended his interest in my car in part due to shipping it from NJ to NC. I thought he should read up on Corvairs and maybe we'll have a new fan buying a car more local to him.

David Malcolm
1969 Monza PG Coupe
NJ near the Meadowlands

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.