Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Wanted: Greenbrier - I'm Officially In The Market
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: July 27, 2022 09:41AM

Okay guys, my wife has made the mistake of giving me the green light.

We want a Corvan. She says she would love to tool the family around in one, even drive it herself.

I don't have an astronaut's budget, but I need it to be turnkey.

Any leads you have would be appreciated.

P.S. - She is unclear about whether I have to sell the Bluvair once we find a Greenbrier. I vote no. I will hide it in a friend's garage, if I have to.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Re: Wanted: Greenbrier - I'm Officially In The Market
Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: July 27, 2022 10:07AM

A Corvan and a Greenbrier and 2 different vehicles. Have you seen the "smokin' deal" in Oregon? I believe I read it is a running driving stopping and steering vehicle.

Date: July 27, 2022 10:17AM

Yes I have sent an email about that one. And pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference?. I'm new to this particular Market. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: July 27, 2022 10:43AM

You will not sell BluVair...that's an order!!!

Date: July 27, 2022 10:44AM

Unless it's grounds for divorce...then maybe.

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: July 27, 2022 11:44AM

The "Greenbrier" was considered by the General to be a station wagon for passengers (up to 9). The "Corvan" was for commercial purposes (hauling, delivery vans, etc.). My Greenbrier has the rear passenger heater duct. My Corvan did not (just had a thick insulator plug so no heat for the rear). I have a 63 Corvan
8 door that ONLY has the drivers bucket seat. It never had any other seats. It still has the markings on the sides that say US MAIL. There are other differences.
The unusal configuration I was always intrigued with were the Corvan 2 rear doors that DID NOT have windows nor did it have an interior rear view mirror.

Date: July 27, 2022 11:52AM

Okay then. If there's any question about it I'll tell her that Phil told me not to and that's that. smiling smiley

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: July 27, 2022 01:20PM

Tell her that, . . . . .
If you have to sell YOUR Bluevair, then the Greenbrier is 100% YOURS!
If you keep Bluevair, then the "Classic Greenbrier Station-wagon Van", is HERS!
And you will have two Classic cars to attend events with as a family.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Date: July 27, 2022 01:55PM

Well that was fast. I just made a commitment to buy Marty's 1963 in Oregon. Once I figure out how to get it out here, I'll clean it up and present it to her. But after I paint it and do a little job on the interior.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota

Date: July 27, 2022 02:14PM

Where in Oregon is the van located?

Date: July 27, 2022 02:43PM

Eugene, though I don't have a specific address yet. Early stages.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota

Date: July 28, 2022 10:21AM

As I have announced on the other original thread for his FC, I'm no longer purchasing Marty's Greenbrier. No hard feelings, but it just turned out to be more project than I could handle.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota

Date: July 28, 2022 11:15AM

"A man has to know his limitations."

One of the greatest movie lines ever.

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: July 28, 2022 11:41AM

What's that?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 138 Corvairs and counting...

Date: July 28, 2022 01:34PM

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: July 30, 2022 08:36AM

My buddy bought a nice Greenbrier 140 PG that got rear ended to the point where the roof is bent.
Last year I had a call from someone with a Greenbrier for sale. Good condition owned by MN DNR and bought by a retiring employee, hasn't run in years, now in possession of son-in-law. I didn't write down his phone number because he was going to e-mail me pictures but an e-mail never came.
No point to this story. I sure wish I could form a union between these two Greenbriers.
Anyone have a solid Greenbrier that needs a powertrain and interior? Oregon is too far even with low gas prices.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Date: July 30, 2022 08:44AM

From Corvair Trader F/B...it's an open page.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 30, 2022 09:44AM

Another From Corvair Trader F/B.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 30, 2022 10:09AM

thumbs up

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: July 31, 2022 05:34AM

Corvan= usually no windows, no seats, no insulation, no rear heat, i.e. cargo-van. If a Corvan has any optional windows, they don't roll down.

Greenbrier= windows, seats, middle windows roll down, insulation, rubber floor mats, rear heat. Deluxe Greenbriers have upholstered panels inside, front to back.

For my money, I'd hold out for a deluxe Greenbrier. I've had a couple of Corvans and they win the award as the noisiest cabin of anything I've ever driven. Hearing protection is a good idea. I called my '64 Corvan "rolling thunder"! Deluxe GB is a very pleasant place to be.

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
65 Canadian Monza 4dr 110/PG 40k
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.