Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Wanted: Greenbrier - I'm Officially In The Market
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: July 31, 2022 06:10AM

I have been looking for a solid rust-free Greenbrier Deluxe for years, and every time that I find one, it is usually on the other side of the world. I agree that they can be noisy, but they are great parts haulers and can carry more than their weight with good quality tires. Used to go to swap meets with a Greenbrier and it was amazing how much you could stuff into them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: July 31, 2022 06:43AM

Thanks for the non-stop tips, all. smileys with beer

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: July 31, 2022 09:12AM

Of course the quietest FC (interior noise level) are the trucks. My 64 Corvan is pretty quiet with
the factory camper kit. A lot of work to access the engine though.

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: July 31, 2022 10:45AM

I learn something here everyday Craig.

Forward Control rear heat...new on me.

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: August 01, 2022 01:02PM

Here is a craigslist Greenbrier in the Phoenix AZ area. [medford.craigslist.org]

Posted about 16 hours ago

Listed as: 61 corvair van - $4,200 (phoenix)
1961 greenbrier van

condition: excellent
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 85000
paint color: red
size: mid-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: van

rare corvair greenbrier van needs 2 carb rebuild kits and starter nosecone. drove from sprague river and motor runs strong no rust. I was going to make a camper out of it ran out of time

Contact information: George (Five,Four,One) Eight,Four,Zero-One,Four,Six,One

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2022 01:04PM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: August 01, 2022 01:17PM

Another one even though a bit more expensive from the Denver area. [denver.craigslist.org]
Posted 13 days ago
Listed as: Corvair van (not VW Bus) vintage - $17,500 (Idaho Springs)

1961 Chevrolet Greenbrier Covair Van

condition: excellent
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 53291
paint color: blue
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: van

Vintage 11 window, 6 door, Greenbrier Covair Van. NO Rust. Sold by Capital Chevrolet in Denver. This was a preschool, daycare shuttle van. 53,921 original miles. All original interior. One nice repaint. All the side windows roll down. Runs like a sewing machine. Very strong performer. Rebuilt 110 HP motor & Rebuilt 4 speed transmission by a Corvair expert. Everything works great condition. Lowered professionally with engineered Springs & performance swaybar. New wheels and tires. Great interior. Have original wheels. I love Volkswagen buses but these have twice the horsepower, handle better, carry more and are a fraction of the price. $19000 obo. OBO means best offer higher or lower. Will not negotiate unless you're looking at it in person with cash in hand.

Contact is only through craigslist e-mail

There are nine photo's in the listing.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2022 01:20PM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: August 05, 2022 05:03AM

That blue one is very tempting, what with the center table and all, except for being stick. The Greenbrier is going to have to be automatic, cuz my wife wants to drive it.

The red one is automatic, but there's no seats in it. One can't have everything can they?

Thanks for the leads.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: August 05, 2022 01:29PM

I wonder if Steve G. knows that Denver van. I also wonder if it has that "stump puller" transmission for Mike L.?
That red one does not look as nice as Marty's in Oregon but it is 4 times the price.

Posted by: detroitdude ()
Date: August 05, 2022 01:45PM

[www.facebook.com]

Not mine but only $3,000
64 Greenbrier

Dan Dood
69 Monza Convertible
66 500 Coupe
61 Monza 4 door

Detroit, Michigan

Attachments:

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.