Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
WTB: 3bar Spinner Replacements for Spoke Hubcaps
Posted by: monza66mo ()
Date: July 24, 2022 06:42PM

I just bought a very nice set of 14" spoke hubcaps but I'd like to replace the "bowtie" center pieces with a tri-bar spinner. Does anyone know where I can find just the center spinner parts?

- Art in Missouri
'66 Monza Vert 110, 4SP, AC

Previous vairs:
63 Monza Coupe
66 Sport Sedan
66 Corsa (clone)
61 Loadside

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WTB: 3bar Spinner Replacements for Spoke Hubcaps
Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: July 25, 2022 09:34AM

Clarks? I bought many from them over the years. They are reproduced, but use the same 4 mounting screws. Maybe other Corvair vendors also.

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Date: July 25, 2022 09:37AM

First place I looked was Clarks... They are out of stock

- Art in Missouri

Previous vairs:
63 Monza Coupe
66 Sport Sedan
66 Corsa (clone)
61 Loadside

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: July 25, 2022 12:12PM

Not sure if this will work for you but the price is right.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: PGVair ()
Date: July 25, 2022 05:18PM

What is a "Bowtie" center? Is that the round center cap?

Wade

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: July 25, 2022 07:30PM

Try some of the full-size Chevrolet vendors, since they were used across the entire Chevrolet lineup. I have some NOS ones, but you would have to work quite hard to pry them out of my hands. I have 8 NOS 1962/1963 wheel covers that need them. The replacement wire wheel covers didn't come with them attached. Only the original caps that were shipped with the cars and the accessory package had them, but the "parts" caps didn't. Never made any sense to me why, but GM must have had their reasoning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: July 25, 2022 08:13PM

The problem with the parts being used across the other Chevy lines is the change that happened in 1967, with removal of the three prongs. The 67-up Camaro which is the star of the repro world, never used those, since they were banned. (You wouldn't want to "chew-up" the pedestrian as you ran them over.) The 14" covers, which share the exact same three-prong center were used on Chevelles and Impala (Yean, okay, and Bel-Airs) and probably on a Chevy II, at least a few. Not used on Corvettes, the other repro powerhouse. I am pretty sure that Clarks was the first to have them reproduced, although, they undoubtedly had them done, not "at" Clarks. The company that made them would probably sell them through other sources - but only if they are available - and in that case Clarks would have them. Your best bet may be someone like "Junkman" - who might have a set on the shelf - and realizes that they are going to die before using them on a car. The three-prong spinners were 64-66 only. The 62-63 covers used another two-prong design).

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site: [www.perfvair.com]

Located in lovely San Jose, California

Date: July 28, 2022 04:35PM

junkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try some of the full-size Chevrolet vendors, since they were used across the entire Chevrolet lineup. I have some NOS ones, but you would have to work quite hard to pry them out of my hands. I have 8 NOS 1962/1963 wheel covers that need them. The replacement wire wheel covers didn't come with them attached. Only the original caps that were shipped with the cars and the accessory package had them, but the "parts" caps didn't. Never made any sense to me why, but GM must have had their reasoning.

I realize you aren't going to sell me any but I'm just curious if the ones you have are 3-bar or 2-bar since you are putting them on '62/'63 hubcaps???

- Art in Missouri

Previous vairs:
63 Monza Coupe
66 Sport Sedan
66 Corsa (clone)
61 Loadside

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: July 29, 2022 07:22AM

Seth Emerson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem with the parts being used across the other Chevy lines is the change that happened in 1967, with removal of the three prongs. The 67-up Camaro which is the star of the repro world, never used those, since they were banned. (You wouldn't want to "chew-up" the pedestrian as you ran them over.) The 14" covers, which share the exact same three-prong center were used on Chevelles and Impala (Yean, okay, and Bel-Airs) and probably on a Chevy II, at least a few. Not used on Corvettes, the other repro powerhouse. I am pretty sure that Clarks was the first to have them reproduced, although, they undoubtedly had them done, not "at" Clarks. The company that made them would probably sell them through other sources - but only if they are available - and in that case Clarks would have them. Your best bet may be someone like "Junkman" - who might have a set on the shelf - and realizes that they are going to die before using them on a car. The three-prong spinners were 64-66 only. The 62-63 covers used another two-prong design).

If this happens, then they will be available at Clarks. Cal will inherit every part that I have left! smileys with beer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.