Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: August 15, 2022 02:49PM

Maybe when junkman apologizes for his condescending, accusatory, and arrogant comments a stated value amount will be available for those who need it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jigracing ()
Date: August 15, 2022 03:23PM

I didn't come here to cause any headaches.
This is known as a forum with some grumpy, nasty members, and its proving it again. BUT on the flip side, some of my best friends in the world I have because of this little car we all love. So I took a chance, and posted it. I only came to offer you all a chance to win the car and to help our small club raise money to put on a good Fan Belt Toss. That's it.

To put this to bed, I'll put the value at $4999.00. That is the most beneficial number to the winner.

The car is not perfect, its not concourse ready, its just an old used car.

Look at the pictures and judge for yourself if you think that supporting a Corvair event and winning the car is worth it to you. If not, move on.

If you want more pictures or info just ask. But come on, its a running, driving, nice looking Los Angeles built 1965 140 Corsa that you could own for a $5 ticket. What is there REALLY to complain about?!

Now can we go back to enjoying the cars, please?

Scott
CorvairForum.com

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: August 15, 2022 04:11PM

Count me in Scott. I will be buying my tickets in person and I am looking forward to Beth and her "old" man cooking me a burger on the famous EM Corvair grille that shows up every year in Palm Springs. AND I HOPE I WIN!

Date: August 15, 2022 05:01PM

Timothy Shortle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Count me in Scott. I will be buying my tickets in person and I am looking forward to Beth and her "old" man cooking me a burger on the famous EM Corvair grille that shows up every year in Palm Springs. AND I HOPE I WIN!

haha... We are all getting to be "old men"
I hope you win too!
See you in Palm Springs my friend.

Scott
CorvairForum.com

Posted by: doug6423 ()
Date: August 15, 2022 06:16PM

Reading this was like reading about the people that complain about the taxes IF they were to win the lottery. I'll gladly give uncle sam his due, I'd just be happy to get what's left over. smileys with beer

Doug
65 Monza
Cincy, OH

Posted by: chris ()
Date: August 15, 2022 06:21PM

Scott, thanks for posting it and giving everyone an opportunity to win, regardless of declared value.

'66 Monza coupe
4 speed
140hp
Gardner, KS

Heart of America Corvair Owners Association

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: August 17, 2022 05:18PM

I decided I won't be buying my raffle tickets in person. I just sent my check along with my GWFBT registration to Sun City California. I HOPE I WIN! (bump)

Posted by: schuls1 ()
Date: August 17, 2022 09:21PM

Timothy Shortle Wrote:
> I decided I won't be buying my raffle tickets in person. I just sent my check along with my GWFBT registration to Sun City California. I HOPE I WIN! (bump)

I did the exact same thing two weeks ago,.. but,..I hope to win!...

Stan,
SW Missouri

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: August 19, 2022 06:31AM

Phil Dally Wrote:
> Maybe when junkman apologizes for his condescending, accusatory, and arrogant comments a stated value amount will be available for those who need it.

I asked a straightforward question, and I go a lot of bs type answers.

Junkman
Is there a total number of tickets that will be sold? What is the declared value of the car, because the winner will need to declare the value of the car on their federal and state income tax return? It will also be the value that the state will usually use when you registration of the vehicle.

I totally disagree with your statement!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Date: August 19, 2022 08:56AM

If you're accusing somebody of a crime you might want to send a P/M...apology still owed.

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: August 19, 2022 10:20AM

Phil Dally Wrote:
> If you're accusing somebody of a crime you might want to send a P/M...apology still owed.

So who is it that I "accusing someone of a crime"? I have reread this entire thread and I never accused anyone of a crime! Specifically, I wrote

Junkman
August 10, 2022 07:07PM

I find it interesting that you think that you are above the law, however, if you don't follow the law, then you are personally and severely responsible. I suggest that you familiarize yourself with this document. I point this out not to ruin your raffle, but to keep you on the right side of the law. I learned about a club that didn't follow the rules, and it was a big hassle for them, and they almost lost they're not for profit status.

[www.irs.gov]

This was written in response to Scott's reply to me.

Yes, The maximum number of tickets will be capped at 5000 (that is if we can sell them all).
Why can't you declare what you paid for the car, $5.00. grinning smiley

Scott

At least one other person thought that what I asked was a legitimate question.

NMCarNut Wrote:
> Definitely a very nice Corsa but Junky asks good questions as it would be nice to be able to calculate what winning would actually cost.
> Another question along the same line, must out of state residents have the car removed from the state via licensed transport to avoid paying the ~8% California tax?

I also note that on August 16th you edited your reply of August 10th. I don't have the ability to modify any of my posts 6 days after I made them. I don't know what your original post was, but I do know the facts that I never accused anyone of a crime. From your posts, it is obvious that you find my question of a stated value to be offensive.

Phil, it is you that owe me an apology for your insulting remarks and your attempt to defame me on these forums. Knowing that members cannot modify their post after a few hours or minutes after posting, and you were able to modify your post 6 days later, tells me that you are a moderator. As a moderator, you should be neutral, and not personally attack any member of the forums.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Date: August 19, 2022 10:50AM

I am absolutely not a Moderator and you need to read everything before falsely accusing people again.

Two posts (not just mine) were modified by 1966-Corsa-GT-180 on 8/16 and you need to ask him why.

My opinion of your behavior will not be swayed by your excuses and I will have no further comment here.

Posted by: cmmdude ()
Date: August 19, 2022 11:10AM

and you were able to modify your post 6 days later, tells me that you are a moderator

"The real moderators rarely comment."

Posted by: slow61 ()
Date: August 20, 2022 07:34AM

Man that looks like a nice car. I'm in for a couple of tickets.

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: August 22, 2022 02:43PM

Is there a way to verify that my ticket has been recorded? I bought it online I think I had my name associated with it but I'm really kind of fuzzy on all that

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: August 22, 2022 07:19PM

Tim and Eric, I bought a ticket too! Now if I win I have to explain to the wife why there is another Corvair around here..... but it should run and drive, Ha!smileys with beer

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Date: August 23, 2022 09:14AM

playerpage Wrote:
> Is there a way to verify that my ticket has been recorded? I bought it online I think I had my name associated with it but I'm really kind of fuzzy on all that

I am filling them all out by hand so its taking awhile. In between that I am also emailing everyone who didn't include a phone number and that takes a long time to do as well. After I fill them out I am emailing a picture of them to each person.

Scott
CorvairForum.com

Posted by: DOUG WARD ()
Date: August 23, 2022 06:54PM

Hey Tim, don't bother wasting your money getting any raffle tix. I bought some and I almost ALWAYS win the raffles at our club meetings & the local car shows. LOL.

Doug Ward
Orange, Calif.
65 Corsa 180, 64 Monza convertible, 61 Lakewood, 61 Monza

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: August 23, 2022 10:41PM

Well Doug, if I win either you or Phil will have to hold on to it for me until I can come get it, which could take at least one driving season, so it's like you both bought extras already! smiling smiley

Date: August 24, 2022 04:08AM

I'm planning to have an empty trailer going home...so let's win!!!

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.