……
Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"



Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: jigracing ()
Date: July 14, 2022 07:17PM

The Inland Empire Corvair Club is raffling off a 1965 Corsa 140 4 speed car as a fund raiser for the 2022 Fan Belt Toss. The car is all stock except for the wheels and tires we added (we still have the stock ones). It has also had a saginaw transmission/diff upgrade prior to us purchasing the car.

Tickets are $5 each.

The winning ticket will be drawn at the Fan Belt Toss Saturday Night Banquet on October 29th, 2022.
The winner does not need to be in attendance to win.

Tickets can be purchased online from the IECC website.

Thank you in advance for your support.
Let me know if you have any questions,
Scott Howey
President Inland Empire Corvair Club




Scott
____________________________________________________________________________
Inland Empire Corvair Club
CORSA
FlatSix Graphics
CorvairForum.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: 19sixty5 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 11:01PM

There seem to be issues with a PayPal logins. My PayPal is fine, but I cannot login from your link... fyi

65 Crown Conversion Hardtop
66 Monza LA Built 140/4 AC Convertible
65 GTO Convertible
70 El Camino SS396
Huntsville, AL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: AZ Troy ()
Date: July 15, 2022 05:35AM

I had the same issue with the Paypal link


.

Can we get more info about the car please?

.

Has there been any work done on the car or anything needed?

You state "saginaw transmission/diff upgrade " was this originally a 3-speed Corsa?





.

Troy G. / Scottsdale Arizona

'65 140 Corsa Coupe, White with light blue guts
'66 140 Corsa Coupe - Crown Converted in the '60's, Black with 3 Yellow stripes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: Goop Of Oil ()
Date: July 15, 2022 08:29AM

I just looked at the Paypal link and it says;
[www].sandbox.paypal.com/checkoutnow?

Someone needs to check this out as I thought that you NEVER put in your Userid and Password unless the URL began with;
[www.paypal.com]

Just read this on Google;
"The PayPal sandbox is a self-contained, virtual testing environment that simulates the live PayPal production environment. The sandbox provides a shielded space where you can initiate and watch while your apps process PayPal API requests without touching any live PayPal accounts."
I would wait until the link is updated before entering any info.
I still want to win it. grinning smiley

Mark Holmlund

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: July 15, 2022 11:58AM

Just take out the "sandbox" and it might work. When looking at the validity of a URL you start at the right and read left before the /
sandbox.paypal.com is still paypal
paypal.sandbox.com is not
sandbox.com/paypal is not

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 138 Corvairs and counting...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: jigracing ()
Date: July 15, 2022 12:13PM

19sixty5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There seem to be issues with a PayPal logins. My PayPal is fine, but I cannot login from your link... fyi

I'm not sure why these buttons are giving us so much trouble. They are generated directly from the club's PayPal account. This is going to be a disaster if we can't sell the tickets.

I have added a couple other PayPal options, hopefully at least one of them works.
Let me know if you still have trouble.
Scott

Scott
____________________________________________________________________________
Inland Empire Corvair Club
CORSA
FlatSix Graphics
CorvairForum.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: jigracing ()
Date: July 15, 2022 12:15PM

Goop Of Oil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just looked at the Paypal link and it says;
> [www].sandbox.paypal.com/checkoutnow?
>
> Someone needs to check this out as I thought that you NEVER put in your Userid and Password unless the URL began with;
> [www.paypal.com]
>
> Just read this on Google;
> "The PayPal sandbox is a self-contained, virtual testing environment that simulates the live PayPal production environment. The sandbox provides a shielded space where you can initiate and watch while your apps process PayPal API requests without touching any live PayPal accounts."
> I would wait until the link is updated before entering any info.
> I still want to win it. grinning smiley


I can assure you they are safe. They are generated directly from the club's PayPal account.

I have added a couple other PayPal options, hopefully at least one of them works.
Let me know if you still have trouble.
Scott

Scott
____________________________________________________________________________
Inland Empire Corvair Club
CORSA
FlatSix Graphics
CorvairForum.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: jigracing ()
Date: July 15, 2022 12:19PM

AZ Troy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had the same issue with the Paypal link
>
>
> .
>
> Can we get more info about the car please?
>
> .
>
> Has there been any work done on the car or anything needed?
>
> You state "saginaw transmission/diff upgrade " was this originally a 3-speed Corsa?
>
>
>
>
>
> .

What other info would you like to know about the car?
I don't know what transmission was in it previously, I assume it was the normal 65 4 speed.

Scott
____________________________________________________________________________
Inland Empire Corvair Club
CORSA
FlatSix Graphics
CorvairForum.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: jigracing ()
Date: August 07, 2022 08:01PM

A couple more pictures of the Raffle car for those of you who would like to see the motor and data plate. Sorry its a bit dirty. smiling smiley



Scott
____________________________________________________________________________
Inland Empire Corvair Club
CORSA
FlatSix Graphics
CorvairForum.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: CoCoCo ()
Date: August 08, 2022 01:36AM

Just what I needed. Another blue '65 Corsa!
Way nicer than mine however, so I would welcome it for sure.
So I'll definitely play, if just to support the cause.

Thanks for posting it up.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: DOUG WARD ()
Date: August 09, 2022 05:57PM

Hi Scott, I'm still waiting to hear from you in regards to the tickets I purchased on July 15th, on line. A receipt, at least would be OK. I sent $ 20.00 for however many tix that would buy. Doug Ward

Doug Ward
Orange, Calif.
65 Corsa 180, 64 Monza convertible, 61 Lakewood, 61 Monza


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: August 09, 2022 06:17PM

I thought the PayPal transaction was enough. Do we get physical tickets? If so, I need some, too.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: jigracing ()
Date: August 09, 2022 07:08PM

CoCoCo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just what I needed. Another blue '65 Corsa!
> Way nicer than mine however, so I would welcome it for sure.
> So I'll definitely play, if just to support the cause.
>
> Thanks for posting it up.
>
> Paul


Thanks for the support Paul. We appreciate it.

Scott
____________________________________________________________________________
Inland Empire Corvair Club
CORSA
FlatSix Graphics
CorvairForum.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: jigracing ()
Date: August 09, 2022 07:19PM

DOUG WARD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Scott, I'm still waiting to hear from you in regards to the tickets I purchased on July 15th, on line. A receipt, at least would be OK. I sent $ 20.00 for however many tix that would buy. Doug Ward


Hi Doug, I searched our account. I don't see any tickets purchased under your name.

Scott
____________________________________________________________________________
Inland Empire Corvair Club
CORSA
FlatSix Graphics
CorvairForum.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: August 10, 2022 06:01AM

Is there a total number of tickets that will be sold? What is the declared value of the car, because the winner will need to declare the value of the car on their federal and state income tax return? It will also be the value that the state will usually use when you registration of the vehicle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: NMCarNut ()
Date: August 10, 2022 07:21AM

Definitely a very nice Corsa but Junky asks good questions as it would be nice to be able to calculate what winning would actually cost.
Another question along the same line, must out of state residents have the car removed from the state via licensed transport to avoid paying the ~8% California tax?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: August 10, 2022 07:33AM

Who cares how much it would cost if you win...YOU WON!!!

Just like complaining about the taxes if you win millions playing Lotto.




Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2022 04:13AM by 1966-Corsa-GT-180.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: NMCarNut ()
Date: August 10, 2022 07:46AM

Phil Dally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who cares how much it would cost if you win...YOU WON!!!
>
> Just like complaining about the taxes if you win millions playing Lotto.



While in general agreed, but not all of us live on an unlimited budget. Sure would hate to have to sell the car because winning costs too much.
And winning a car isn't like winning money since it would be kind of hard to chop off some of the car to pay the taxes.



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2022 04:14AM by 1966-Corsa-GT-180.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: August 10, 2022 08:31AM

Fixed income here!!

And yes I play Lotto.

Dreams do come true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raffling off a 1965 CORSA 10/29/2022
Posted by: jigracing ()
Date: August 10, 2022 01:08PM

junkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there a total number of tickets that will be sold? What is the declared value of the car, because the winner will need to declare the value of the car on their federal and state income tax return? It will also be the value that the state will usually use when you registration of the vehicle.



Yes, The maximum number of tickets will be capped at 5000 (that is if we can sell them all).
Why can't you declare what you paid for the car, $5.00. grinning smiley

Scott
____________________________________________________________________________
Inland Empire Corvair Club
CORSA
FlatSix Graphics
CorvairForum.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.