Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Semi-OT WTB 14" LM Mag Style Hubcaps
Posted by: orloman ()
Date: June 28, 2022 07:02AM

I have recently gone with 14" rims on my 67 that are currently sporting year appropriate wire wheel hubcaps. I have always liked the looks of the Mag style hubcaps so I've decided to try and see if I can throw together a set of them. So does anybody out there have any that they are looking to let go? They don't need to be NOS but I would like to find something better than than the dented, road-rashed ones that I have been seeing on Ebay lately. Many thanks.

John O
Canterbury, CT
1967 Monza Coupe 110/PG
jcorlo@charter.net

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Semi-OT WTB 14" LM Mag Style Hubcaps
Posted by: detroitdude ()
Date: June 28, 2022 08:21AM

[www.ebay.com]

I just saw these today, I
noticed they got a "make a offer"
price too. Hopefully they will
meet your needs and wants. Maybe
you saw these already. Good luck
on your search.

Dan Dood
69 Monza Convertible
66 500 Coupe
61 Monza 4 door

Detroit, Michigan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2022 08:24AM by detroitdude.

Re: Semi-OT WTB 14" LM Mag Style Hubcaps
Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: June 28, 2022 01:40PM

You have to be carful with the wire and mag style wheel covers, as there are at least two styles of each. The one Dan referenced are what I call the raised ring style, which is what the Corvair had, but in 13" diameter. The other style is what I call the flat ring style, which was never produced in a 13" diameter. The difference is most noticeable with the center ring around the Chevy bowtie. If it's taller than the center emblem area, it's the raised ring style. If the ring is pretty much level with the center, it's the flat ring style. This style also has larger slots between the spokes than the raised ring.

With the wires, there is the tall center style which is what the Corvair used. The other style, never produced in 13" diameter, is the short center style. It produces a flatter profile look and probably would better fit cars with a low wheel well lip. Cars like the wagon or FC might have clearance problems with the cover's center area.

-Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.