Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Top shroud ID
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: June 17, 2022 10:13AM

I'm guessing this is a '65 A/C shroud because of the fresh air hose location and the seal around the fan opening. It doesn't have any provision for any kind of idle solenoid. Did some not have them or is something else going on? Desert air?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 136 Corvairs and counting...

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Top shroud ID
Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: June 17, 2022 10:21AM

It would not be the "Desert Air" shroud as they have 3 studs located on the pads around the air intake, just like the '60 chock assy. It could be a '65 turbo or a/c. The 3 dimples for the fast idle solenoid started in '66. The seal looks like a PO added it.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: June 17, 2022 11:36AM

All the A/C cars came with the idle solenoid but the 65 style mounted on the right side condenser support bracket. Also the 65 A/C cars came only with the 2 screws to plug the holes where the upper belt guide would be (just like your picture shows).

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: June 17, 2022 12:37PM

65 turbo fan shroud. Can be used on 66s with 6 holes drilled up to 3/8".

Posted by: jfreez ()
Date: June 17, 2022 12:42PM

any chance its for sale? my 65 turbo has the wrong one. Im sure I can make mine work, but it would be nice to have the right one.

Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: June 17, 2022 03:06PM

If you were going to put it on a '66 or newer head the bolt next to the middle intake runner was moved away from the runner and enlarged for the bigger bolts so you would want to slot that one.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.