Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Re: Yenko Stinger 014 has been found!
Posted by: zarfnober ()
Date: June 15, 2022 08:59AM

Great info Mike.

Posted by: Brucem ()
Date: June 15, 2022 09:31AM

We will be posting pictures as the process unfolds. I have had a few direct calls with Warren who is very enthusiastic about the car, the options, and it's condition. This is certainly a very important and rare find. I sent Warren pictures of the metallic performance brake pads which are like new and extremely rare to find. Warren was really stunned by that. As for the Carbs, they are the Hi-CFM and it is possible they could have been blue from the start - Warren stated there were lots of small modifications which is consistent with what Mike stated. Warren and I spoke about the fiberglass bucket seats - this car has 2 which is also very rare.
Mike - I think I emailed you my cell - give me a ring when you have a chance - let's catch up as I would love to speak to you more about the car.

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: June 15, 2022 09:51AM

Bruce,

When you get around to it, please publish the entire story, pictures and all, in the CC. And don't leave out any detail, no matter how trivial, as everything is a valuable part of its history, and the history of Corvairs in general. Name names, and tell everything. That way, we will all be blessed with an incredible look into this valuable slice of history. Wow, what a story.

We know so very little about our cars, and so few are blessed with that knowledge. Just take a look at Kent Sullivan's monumental efforts to dig up the history of the Canadian-built'66 Corsa turbo convertible he restored a few years back. Utterly fascinating. I'm sure the story of this Yenko is going to prove equally fascinating. I await the fully detailed story anxiously. grinning smiley

-Mark

Posted by: Brucem ()
Date: June 15, 2022 02:23PM

You got it! I am having an issue posting pictures on this site but will follow up.

Posted by: ys063 ()
Date: June 15, 2022 05:22PM

To anyone still yearning for a stinger, thanks for giving them hope. I am lucky to have found one back in 1999, YS063. Lots of patina on your new treasure, looking forward to more of the story

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: June 16, 2022 03:41AM

Glad to see it went to a good home - I tried to end up with it, but couldn't pull the trigger...

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: thumper477 ()
Date: June 16, 2022 01:28PM

WOW!!!!!! Unbelievable find.Congratulations.Definately needs a big long write up in the Corsa magazine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.