Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: TURN KEY 140 HP REBUILT ENGINE F0R SALE
Posted by: 63turbo ()
Date: June 06, 2022 01:38PM

American Mel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bali Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > It would be worth it to buy that engine just to get a hold of that oil pan. I see now why Kevin Nash speaks so highly of his.
>
>
> grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
>
> LOL! Kevin has the Nash FAN, not Nash PAN ! ! ! cool smiley
>
> grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Bali was talking about that way cool Moore pan, which I have and have never failed to speak highly of.

------------------------------------

Kevin Nash
Friday Harbor Washington
63 Spyder, Daily driver, EFI read about my project here: [corvaircenter.com]
first test start on EFI here:[www.youtube.com]
first official EFI boost test here:[www.youtube.com]
My new fan! [corvaircenter.com]
engine less 62 Spyder
Canadian 64 Monza Parts car
Test Start#2 [www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
SOLD!! TURN KEY 140 HP REBUILT ENGINE F0R SALE
Posted by: tomkeo ()
Date: June 10, 2022 04:10PM

The turn-key 140 engine is sold and on its way to Ohio. Thank you for your kind comments.
Since there was so much interest in the Moore oil pan I'm posting a few more pictures, one showing the inside. The heat transfer fins on the Moore pan have a lot more surface area than the cones that the OTTO pan use. I worked with Jerry Moore (Sr) at Hughes Aircraft for many years. He was an electrical engineer and a very talented pattern maker, craftsman, and Corvair enthusiast.
JerryM (Jr) has all the patterns, tooling for the pans, matching valve covers, and more. Let him know you're interested.

TomKeo

Racing a Shelby GT500 at the Riverside Raceway 1/2 mile drags in 1966--and WINNING with my turbo 140!!!

Attachments:

Re: SOLD!! TURN KEY 140 HP REBUILT ENGINE F0R SALE
Date: June 10, 2022 05:39PM

tomkeo Wrote:
> The turn-key 140 engine is sold and on its way to Ohio. Thank you for your kind comments.
> Since there was so much interest in the Moore oil pan I'm posting a few more pictures, one showing the inside. The heat transfer fins on the Moore pan have a lot more surface area than the cones that the OTTO pan use. I worked with Jerry Moore (Sr) at Hughes Aircraft for many years. He was an electrical engineer and a very talented pattern maker, craftsman, and Corvair enthusiast.
> JerryM (Jr) has all the patterns, tooling for the pans, matching valve covers, and more. Let him know you're interested.
>
> TomKeo

Some things I particularly like about that pan- quite a bit lighter than a OTTO pan, a LOT more ground clearance, and the fact they have a nice flat gasket surface. My old OTTO pan had lots of hits on it at the rear when I took it off, and wasnt too happy about the nasty warp in it. The pan was so stout it bent the block gasket surfaces to conform to the pan!

Kevin Nash
Friday Harbor Washington
engine less 62 Spyder

Re: SOLD!! TURN KEY 140 HP REBUILT ENGINE F0R SALE
Posted by: Bali ()
Date: June 10, 2022 05:59PM

tomkeo Wrote:
> The turn-key 140 engine is sold and on its way to Ohio. Thank you for your kind comments.
> Since there was so much interest in the Moore oil pan I'm posting a few more pictures, one showing the inside. The heat transfer fins on the Moore pan have a lot more surface area than the cones that the OTTO pan use. I worked with Jerry Moore (Sr) at Hughes Aircraft for many years. He was an electrical engineer and a very talented pattern maker, craftsman, and Corvair enthusiast.
> JerryM (Jr) has all the patterns, tooling for the pans, matching valve covers, and more. Let him know you're interested.
>
> TomKeo

I am definitely interested. How would he be contacted? Thanks.

Re: SOLD!! TURN KEY 140 HP REBUILT ENGINE
Posted by: nj28sharp ()
Date: June 13, 2022 02:52PM

Hope you keep rebuilding them

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: June 13, 2022 02:58PM

How do you drain the "Pick-up Sump"?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Date: June 13, 2022 07:12PM

American Mel Wrote:
> How do you drain the "Pick-up Sump"?

You dont- the dimensions for the pan in that area are not significantly than the Otto pan, but because it is sloped more towards the rear, holds a bit more oil. If you want to get every last drop of the old oil out, you would drill a few small holes at the front part (closest to the drain plug) and near the bottom of the pan. I've seen this done on other pans so it is not unique to the Moore pan. Its just a real impractical thing to cast in. Easy to do if it bugs you!

Kevin Nash
Friday Harbor Washington
engine less 62 Spyder

Posted by: caroseiii ()
Date: June 14, 2022 05:38AM

Mr Moore is on the forum as JerryM. I wrote to him several times about his interest in making some more pans. There was not enough interest in making enough quantity to justify the expense of making a run. He has a vendor who would cast these for him. There would have to be a lot of interest. Put your money where your mouth is; you might have to buy five pans and find some friends to buy a few.

CRAWFORD

C.A. Rose
Metairie, LA
1962 Spyders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2022 05:40AM by caroseiii.

Posted by: doug6423 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 10:33AM

I've never met Tom and only had a brief phone call with him, BUT if he rebuilds engines only half as good as he builds crates and ships an engine I have no worries at all on the engine I just received.

I couldn't bust up the crate so I took it completely apart to use the wood for other projects and such. There is literally over 2 pounds of screws(yep, I weighed the bag). Fedex could've dropped it off the truck and the engine wouldn't have been damaged.

Tom: THANK YOU!! Top notch and the attention to detail on the engine is great!! I found a home for my Nash fan. smileys with beer

Doug
65 Monza
Cincy, OH

Attachments:
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.