Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
T-3's
Posted by: eddieb ()
Date: May 12, 2022 10:54AM

Need high beams and regular headlights for a judged '64,must work. PM me EddieB Dade City,Fla

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: T-3's
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: May 12, 2022 01:32PM

[ssl.corvair.com]

Take a peek at page SUP-6 in the Clarks supplement for 2022 top right corner.
Part number CX5559: HEADLIGHT BULB-T3 HIGH BEAM-2 PRONGS 60-7 STYLE (PLAIN TRGL CTR) *30 DAY GUARANTEE

When looking at [ssl.corvair.com] the part description there is a note indicating it has been Discontinued yet it shows in the supplement as available so who knows what is accurate.confused smiley

Maybe an inquiry would not hurt?

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Posted by: 2-ragtops ()
Date: May 12, 2022 01:47PM

I have a box full of originals, both early and later styles.

PM me

Bob Bauer

Show-Me Corvairs
1966 Monza Convert 140 P/G with A/C, plastic wheel with tele-column am-fm posi-traction
1928 Ford Model A 2 door sedan
House Springs, Missouri

Posted by: eddieb ()
Date: May 12, 2022 02:43PM

PM sent.

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: May 12, 2022 06:14PM

The problem with 50-year-old bulbs is that you don't know if the gas inside the bulb has leaked until you put power to them, and that is when they burn out in a few seconds. Happened to me during judging at a show, right in front of the judges that asked me to turn on the headlights. I didn't get dinged for a burned-out bulb, but I also had to drive home with one bulb out. Because of this many clubs no longer want you to show the headlights work, just are satisfied that the correct bulbs are in the holders and that there is no indication of them being burned out (NOS).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: May 12, 2022 07:47PM

junkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem with 50-year-old bulbs is that you don't know if the gas inside the bulb has leaked . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .

Not trying to nit-pick but rather verify my understanding of how light-bulbs work.
Other than "Halogens", don't old headlamps like our T-3's actually have Vacuum, rather than gas inside?
And I always thought that Halogens were under vacuum also, but were filled with Halogen to evacuate all Oxygen, BEFORE being put under vacuum.
Any light experts around here who want to edumacate me?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: texas yenko dude ()
Date: May 13, 2022 05:40AM

Eddie,

There are several versions of T-3's. If your car is going to be judged, you need the correct ones. There are at least 4 different designs used in the 60's that I can think of, maybe more.

[www.modifiedcadillac.org]

Texas YENKO Dude
YS-070
YS-199
YS-320
Southeast of Disorder

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: May 13, 2022 07:14AM

Do the judges in a concours really judge you on whether or not your light bulbs are 50 years old? Even if they are the correct style you would get dinged for that?

That can't be a rule they're going to be able to enforce much longer. All the guys I know with Model T's (and there are a few out here) are just glad if the lights are running. They look like the right kind of lights, but they can't be 100 years old if they want to use them.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2022 07:15AM by playerpage.

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: May 13, 2022 08:19AM

Some of my drivers still have T-3s in them. I don't know if they are original or if they are the correct ones but they are pretty old.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 138 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: May 13, 2022 08:56AM

playerpage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do the judges in a concours really judge you on whether or not your light bulbs are 50 years old? Even if they are the correct style you would get dinged for that?
>
> That can't be a rule they're going to be able to enforce much longer. All the guys I know with Model T's (and there are a few out here) are just glad if the lights are running. They look like the right kind of lights, but they can't be 100 years old if they want to use them.

It depends on the Concours, and class within the Concours.

If you are going Factory Stock Original, or Factory Stock Restored, or Modified...all have different rules.

One of the 'famous' Lambrecht Auction Corvairs had some trouble using Factory Stock Original as well, due to some parts that were changed with repros to get it back on the road (if I remember correctly).

Eric p>
DeWitt, IA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.