Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Clark's main body harness (1965 Corsa)
Posted by: aj_ed ()
Date: May 06, 2022 03:29PM

When replacing the under body main harness, there are 2 wires with a connector midway under the car. The original harness had the same connector. I tried to follow this on the schematic, but lost it. Can anybody suggest what this connection mates to? Possibly A/C or power top?

Thanks, Ed

Re: Clark's main body harness (1965 Corsa)
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: May 06, 2022 03:33PM

Reverse light switch at the transmission?

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: May 06, 2022 03:42PM

'65 Mid-harness connector is for the backup light switch. 3sp switch connects there directly, the 4-sp switch also connects there but has about a 4' lead because the switch is on the transmission.

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
65 Canadian Monza 4dr 110/PG 40k
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Posted by: OldWrenchTurner ()
Date: May 06, 2022 03:54PM

I just did some wiring detective work on my EM 61 harnesses. The reverse light wiring plug-in socket is located where you describe on your new LM harness.

On mine, the wires were green, I would imagine they still would be for a 65. Hope that helps. smiling smiley

Posted by: aj_ed ()
Date: May 06, 2022 06:16PM

I should have mentioned that I have a 66 saginaw. Sorry, but will attach to the B/U switch.

Ed

Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: May 09, 2022 12:22PM

The Saginaw switch is quite different - and very fragile. Unlike the 64-65 switch, though, it is located in an "out of the way" place. Installing and removing the connector on the Saginaw switch can be tricky. The cover piece/boot has never been reproduced, even the later main harnesses have a pair of goofy side clips instead of the proper boot. The original is usually hard as a rock.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.